News: Pedro Pascal, Pedro Almodóvar Working On Queer Western + More

L-R Pedro Pascal, Ethan Hawke
L-R Pedro Pascal, Ethan Hawke (images via Twitter)
Some news items you might have missed: • Instinct Magazine: Reigning ‘daddy of the internet’ Pedro Pascal (The Last of Us) is working with cinema genius Pedro Almodóvar on a queer western titled “Strange Way of Life.”  Pascal will star opposite Ethan Hawke playing former gunfighters reuniting after 20 years. A love story will be included. Continue reading “News: Pedro Pascal, Pedro Almodóvar Working On Queer Western + More”

News: Could Elton John Get His EGOT Soon? + More

Elton John
Some news items you might have missed: • Variety: An event for Television Academy members Monday night was not just about celebrating the success of Disney+’s live-streamed Elton John/Dodger Stadium special from last November, but about reminding potential voters that the star lacks just one vowel in his EGOT crown. Continue reading “News: Could Elton John Get His EGOT Soon? + More”

Chris Meloni Works Out + More News Items

Chris Meloni
Chris Meloni for Peloton (screen capture)
Some news items you might have missed: • Peloton: Folks are celebrating National Nude Day by watching Chris Meloni throw down his workouts in this cheeky ad-spot for Peloton. Meloni has previously shared he likes working out au natural. Continue reading “Chris Meloni Works Out + More News Items”

Conservative House Members Scrap Anglo-Saxon Caucus Amid Pushback

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA)

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) is planning to form an Anglo-Saxon caucus
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA)
UPDATE: CNN now reports that “Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is scrapping the planned launch of her ‘America First’ caucus after receiving blowback from leaders in her own party. Nick Dyer, Greene’s spokesperson, told CNN in an email on Saturday afternoon the Georgia Republican is not “launching anything.” Read more at CNN.


A group of ultra-conservative House Republicans, led by QAnon Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ.) are forming a new caucus that will focus on – wait for it – “uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions.” Calling itself the America First Caucus, the all-white group has determined “a certain intellectual boldness is needed” in order to “follow in President Trump’s footsteps, and potentially step on some toes and sacrifice sacred cows for the good of the American nation.” From the Washington Post:

In a section on immigration, the document describes the United States as a place with “uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions” and argues that “societal trust and political unity are threatened when foreign citizens are imported en-masse into a country, particularly without institutional support for assimilation and an expansive welfare state to bail them out should they fail to contribute positively to the country.”

In the group’s view, architecture should reflect the “aesthetic value that befits the progeny” of Europeans:

On infrastructure, the caucus calls for the construction of roads, bridges and buildings that reflect “the architectural, engineering and aesthetic value that befits the progeny of European architecture, whereby public infrastructure must be utilitarian as well as stunningly, classically beautiful, befitting a world power and source of freedom.”

That’s some serious Nazi fascism on display right there. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy attempted to push back, but it’s hard to hide something when it’s in plain sight. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is, of course, happy to join up. According to NBC News, “Greene’s spokesman Nick Dyer confirmed that a platform is being written but complained about ‘dirty backstabbing swamp creatures’ who leaked the document.”

Whistleblower: Top DHS Officials Told Analysts To Downplay White Supremacists & Russian Interference

L-R Donald Trump, acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf (photo: Flickr/WhiteHouse)
A whistleblower alleges that top officials in the Department of Homeland Security instructed analysts to modify intelligence assessments to ensure they matched up with misleading public comments from Trump about Antifa and “anarchist” groups. From the New York Times:

Top officials with the Department of Homeland Security directed agency analysts to downplay the threat of violent white supremacy and of Russian election interference, according to a whistle-blower complaint filed by a top intelligence official with the department.

Brian Murphy, the former head of the intelligence branch of the Homeland Security Department, said in a whistle-blower complaint filed on Tuesday that he was directed by Chad F. Wolf, the acting secretary of the department, to stop producing assessments on Russian interference.

The department’s second highest-ranked official, Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, also ordered him to modify intelligence assessments to make the threat of white supremacy “appear less severe” and include information on violent “left-wing” groups, according to the complaint, which was released Wednesday by the House Intelligence Committee.

Trump has regularly downplayed the threat of white supremacist violence during his time in office, including his infamous remarks that there were some “fine people” among the extremists who instigated violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017. Murphy previously oversaw the intelligence division at DHS but was reassigned in August. He says the personnel change was retaliation for after he compiled intelligence reports on journalists and protesters in Portland, Oregon. He’s asking the inspector general to investigate.

Self-Proclaimed White Supremacist & Trump Supporter Slaps, Punches Woman

Nicholas Arnold Schock (screen captures)
A self-proclaimed white supremacist went on a loud, curse-laden rant at a restaurant in Sarasota County, Florida, and then slapped and punched a female employee. From Law & Crime:

The man was identified as Nicholas Arnold Schock, 36. He was booked into the Sarasota County jail on a count each of battery, and disturbing the peace. It is unclear if he has an attorney at this time. Records viewed by Law&Crime show the Wachula-resident was arrested Friday in the city of Nokomis. He was held on a $620 bond.

In the video, the man identified as Schock demands “Call Donald Trump.” He goes on like that.

“I’m a white supremacist,” he said. “The Aryan nation will rule the world!” he yells at the camera. “People covered in tattoos are going to be my closest relatives, I promise you.”

“Hey, we’ve got children in here,” a bystander said.

“I don’t give a fuck,” the suspect said. “Call Donald Trump, please.”

A bystander in a light cyan shirt tries to lead him off.

“Do you know Donald Trump?” the suspect said. “If you don’t know Donald Trump, I’m not going nowhere. I will butt-fuck this bitch on the table right now.”

He ambled off, and a woman stepped in front of him with her arms spread. The woman apparently said something about there being kids there, but the suspect then slapped her in the face. Bystanders rushed the man and took him down. One of them cinched in a chokehold.

Here’s the video clip. Warning: graphic violence.

Neo-Nazi Pleads Guilty To Planning To Bomb Las Vegas Gay Bar

Conor Climo (screen capture)
A Las Vegas man pleaded guilty Monday to a federal weapons charge after plotting violent attacks on an LGBTQ bar, a synagogue, and the Anti-Defamation League. Conor Climo, 24, signed the plea agreement that was filed in January in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the agreement reads, in part, “Defendant stated that he wanted to do more against the groups he hated by carrying out violent attacks against them.” “Defendant admitted to discussing plans for violent attacks online against the Anti-Defamation League, a local Las Vegas synagogue, and a local bar,” continued the document. In the agreement, Climo admitted the unnamed bar catered to an LGBTQ clientele. Climo was arrested in August last year after being monitored communicating via encrypted internet chat with individuals identified as white supremacists. He reportedly told an undercover FBI informant he was “scouting places to attack.” In his communications with the undercover agent, Climo sent a satellite image of the synagogue he planned to target which highlighted a possible escape route. Climo also used homophobic language and spoke about surveilling an LGBTQ bar in downtown Vegas in the encrypted chats. When the investigators arrived at Climo’s home with a search warrant, they found “hand-drawn schematics and component parts of a destructive device” which included oxidizing agents, flammable liquids and circuit boards. An AR-15 assault-style weapon and a bolt-action rifle were also confiscated during the search, according to NBC LA. He was charged with possessing an unregistered firearm in the form of the component parts of a destructive device. A statement from the U.S. attorney’s office said, “Climo would regularly use derogatory racial, anti-Semitic and homosexual slurs.” Appearing in court wearing a yellow jail jumpsuit on Monday, the Review-Journal writes, “Climo stood with closed fists at a podium, mostly answering ‘yes, your honor’ and ‘no, your honor,’ to a series of standard questions.” As reported in August, Climo made headlines in 2016 for ‘patrolling’ his neighborhood wearing battle gear and carrying an assault-style rifle and survival knife. At the time, he told local ABC News affiliate KTNV, “I’ll pretty much stay within constitutional bounds when I’m doing this.” ‘Pretty much stay within constitutional bounds???’ He also told the reporter he would be looking for ‘suspicious activity,’ which he defined as “people outside when they’re not supposed to be.” In the interview, Climo admitted he had no formal training in patrolling, policing, or dealing with possibly tense situations. CNN reports Climo will return to court on May 14 where he faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. According to the plea deal, he will also be required to undergo mental health treatment and be monitored via an electronic device upon his release from prison. Climo’s story is especially chilling as Las Vegas was the site of the nation’s deadliest mass shooting in modern US history, when 58 people were killed and more than 500 hurt in October 2017. Here’s the 2016 report from KTNV:

Florida Man Tells Facebook He Gets His AR-15 Back Soon, “Don’t Go To Walmart Next Week”

On August 6, three days after a white supremacist shot and killed 22 people at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, an idiot in Florida wrote on his Facebook account, "3 more days of probation left then I get my AR-15 back. Don’t go to Walmart next week."
Richard Clayton (mug shot)

On August 6, three days after a white supremacist shot and killed 22 people at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, another white supremacist in Florida wrote on his Facebook account, “3 more days of probation left then I get my AR-15 back. Don’t go to Walmart next week.”

From ABC News:

Richard Clayton, 26, was arrested by Florida Department of Law Enforcement authorities on Friday in Winter Park after making an online threat last week, according to police.

On Aug. 6, Clayton allegedly posted on Facebook, “3 more days of probation left then I get my AR-15 back. Don’t go to Walmart next week.”

“Clayton appears to believe in the white supremacist ideology and has a history of posting threats on Facebook using fictitious accounts,” Florida Department of Law Enforcement officials said.

He was not on probation, despite his threat, Florida officials told The Associated Press.

Clayton was charged with intimidation through a written threat and is being held at Orange County Jail on $15,000 bond.

Clayton reportedly threatened one of the police officers that arrested him asking if he was Hispanic. He also pulled out his genitals and threatened to pee in the officers’ patrol car.

More from WKMG News6:

Clayton was arrested at his parents’ Winter Park home Friday evening. Winter Park police detailed how Clayton was uncooperative and belligerent during the arrest, at one point telling an officer: “Officer, I hope that the next call you go to, you get blown away and killed. God, I pray that happens.”

Court paperwork details how Clayton repeatedly asked an officer if he was Hispanic and that “they are what is wrong with this country. They come in and are ruining everything.”

At one point, Clayton repeatedly asked an officer if he was a Nazi, then proceeded to expose himself and threatened to urinate in the police car. After an officer told Clayton he was not Hispanic, Clayton replied, “OK, well then, I guess I won’t pee in your car, then.”