Some news items you might have missed:
• Peloton: Folks are celebrating National Nude Day by watching Chris Meloni throw down his workouts in this cheeky ad-spot for Peloton. Meloni has previously shared he likes working out au natural.
• The Advocate: With the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade last month, the architect of a controversial Texas abortion law has already aimed at marriage equality. He has set now his sights on PrEP saying the drugs “facilitate and encourage homosexual behavior.”
The fall of Roe v. Wade has encouraged people like Jonathan Mitchell, who wants to dismantle decades of decisions involving affirmative action, marriage equality, contraception, and HIV prevention. https://t.co/1n1Qgg1ZPf
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) July 13, 2022
• Pride.com: Penn Badgley, who plays the serial killing stalker in Netflix’s highly addictive series You, opened up about the one note he “always” gets from his directors while filming ‘self-love’ scenes.
• Newsweek: In a 218-208 vote, the House has approved an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act to compel government officials to prepare a report on combating white supremacists and neo-Nazi activity in the police and military. All 208 votes against the amendment came from House Republicans.
An amendment to monitor white supremacy in the military and law enforcement was passed despite 208 “no” votes from the GOP. https://t.co/KB7dflqdzX
— Newsweek (@Newsweek) July 14, 2022
• LGBTQ Nation: Los Angeles-based anti-gay pastor, online radio host, and “manosphere” star Jesse Lee Peterson is alleged to have had multiple gay relationships and exhibited a pattern of sexually harassing male associates.
• CNN: A Washington DC police officer has corroborated to the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, details regarding a heated exchange Donald Trump had with his Secret Service detail when he was told he could not go to the US Capitol after his rally.
Once again, we find that Cassidy Hutchinson told the truth, under oath, while Donald Trump continues to lie, not under oath, in desperate attempts to undermine her embarrassing testimony about his unhinged, bratty, criminal behavior. https://t.co/CLSQCZZ5jY
— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@BettyBowers) July 15, 2022