Some news items you might have missed:
• Instinct Magazine: Reigning ‘daddy of the internet’ Pedro Pascal (The Last of Us) is working with cinema genius Pedro Almodóvar on a queer western titled “Strange Way of Life.” Pascal will star opposite Ethan Hawke playing former gunfighters reuniting after 20 years. A love story will be included.
• Variety: A stage adaptation of Annie Proulx’s 1997 short story Brokeback Mountain, previously adapted as a 2005 film by Ang Lee, starring Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal, is heading to London’s West End.
“Brokeback Mountain” is set for a stage adaptation on London’s West End, starring Mike Faist and Lucas Hedges. https://t.co/rcUk0h2ghb
— Variety (@Variety) March 20, 2023
• Reuters: Workers erected barricades around a Manhattan courthouse on Monday as New York City braced for a possible indictment of Donald Trump over an alleged hush-money payment to a porn star during his 2016 campaign.
• Twitter: Fox News talking head Jesse Watters defended Donald Trump today saying the Donald might not have had sex with porn star Stormy Daniels because “there’s no baby.” Anyone else think a porn star just MIGHT be on birth control???
Jesse Watters: "There's no proof Trump slept with Stormy, there's no baby." pic.twitter.com/Xf61mNY2ns
— nikki mccann ramírez (@NikkiMcR) March 20, 2023
• OUT: San Jose Sharks goalie James Reimer has become the second NHL player, after Philadelphia Flyers player Ivan Provorov, to refuse to wear a Pride-themed jersey or use Pride-themed stick tape as part of the pregame activities of NHL games this season.
• Axios: The compact disc first hit U.S. stores 40 years ago this month — in March 1983. Revolutionizing the way music sounds with crisp, clean production, CD sales peaked in 2000. Even though there’s been a sharp decline, CD sales increased in 2021 for the first time since 2004.
• WSVN: Here’s what neo-Nazis spend their time doing – Disgusting anti Black slurs, antisemitic and homophobic language by white supremacist Jon Minadeo II and his “Goyim Defense League” members in West Palm Beach, FL
Just a warning, this video is vile & racist but it shows you the poise of West Palm Beach PD in the face of hate.
Side note. These losers made $33 live-streaming this for hours. We already raised $9K for anti-hate programs just by condemning/making fun of them.
— Mike Chitwood (@SheriffChitwood) March 17, 2023