Some news items you might have missed:
• CNN: The 17-year-old suspect accused of fatally stabbing 28-year-old dancer O’Shae Sibley has been charged with murder as a hate crime and criminal possession of a weapon. Sibley was attacked at a Brooklyn gas station last weekend for the high crime of dancing to Beyoncé song.
• Reuters: A new poll from Reuters/Ipsos found that 45% of Republicans surveyed say they would not vote for Donald Trump if he were “convicted of a felony crime by a jury.”
• Twitter: Shirtless, barefoot guy with an AR-15 caught on video ripping down a Pride flag in small town Indiana. According to Justin, the guy was caught and arrested.
This just happened in our SMALL TOWN to one of our neighbors. Their PRIDE flag was ripped off their front porch by a guy wielding a gun. Terrifying shit. Stay safe, y’all. pic.twitter.com/U5eapVqHx1
— Justin Fleece (@justinfleece) August 4, 2023
• Buzzfeed: Following the news of a lawsuit filed against recording artist Lizzo for creating a toxic work environment, several past employees/associates have come forward with their own experiences. Lizzo denies the allegations.
• Pink News: Out actor Layton Williams will be joining the next edition of the UK reality series Strictly Come Dancing. During an interview about the upcoming season, Williams confirmed he wants a male dance partner: “I want to be flung around.”
🐱 out the 👜 pic.twitter.com/4TTsFBiUa4
— Layton Williams (@LaytonWilliams) August 4, 2023