• Insider: Idiot social media users on TikTok and Twitter used Grindr to find athletes in Tokyo’s Olympic Village with profiles on the gay dating app and then shared their photos online. The bone-headed move put some athletes who live in countries where being gay is illegal in jeopardy. Continue reading “News Round-Up: July 28, 2021”
• The Pups: I know Brody is used to being in the spotlight in my social media, his mama Scarlett is a star in her own right – as you can see in the snap above by the pool today 🙂
• Washington Post: Chasten Buttigieg, husband of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, finds himself in the deep end of an education in what it means to be the spouse of a powerful political figure in a town of grippers, grinners and wonks.
• Raw Story: Unhinged conservatives lashed out at Capitol police officers who testified before January 6 House committee calling them ‘crisis actors.’ You be the judge in this highlights reel below.
• Instinct Magazine: A Trump cultist in Ohio has been sentenced to prison after repeatedly defecating and urinating on a gay neighbor’s lawn.
• The Advocate: Ed Buck has been found guilty on all nine charges brought against him, including maintaining a drug den, distributing methamphetamine, enticement to cross state lines to engage in prostitution, and providing the drugs that led to the deaths of Gemmel Moore and Timothy Dean.
• Twitter: After rapper DaBaby made homophobic comments on social media, Dua Lipa told her fans she doesn’t “recognize this as the person I worked with. I know my fans know where my heart lies and that I stand 100% with the LGBTQ community.”
Dua Lipa addresses homophobic comments made by DaBaby at Rolling Loud.
“I really don’t recognize this as the person I worked with. I know my fans know where my heart lies and that I stand 100% with the LGBTQ community.” pic.twitter.com/tnmOVPnC3M