Gay Adult Film Performer Gets 2 Years In Prison For Jan. 6 + More News

Steven "Sargeant" Miles gets 2 years in prison for January 6 insurrection

Some news items you might have missed: • LGBTQ Nation: Proud Boy member and gay porn actor Steven “Sargeant” Miles has been sentenced to two years in prison for assaulting police officers during the January 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. Continue reading “Gay Adult Film Performer Gets 2 Years In Prison For Jan. 6 + More News”

News Round-Up: June 9, 2021

Trump supporters Joshua Hall is charged with scamming Trump supporters

Trump supporters Joshua Hall is charged with scamming Trump supporters
Joshua Hall (image via Edge Media)
Some news items you might have missed: • Edge Media: A 22-year-old DoorDash delivery man from Pennsylvania reportedly used a social media scam, which included creating the fake organization called “Gay Voices for Trump,” to solicit donations from Trump supporters. Joshua Hall (above) is a “big Trump supporter,” but that didn’t stop him from defrauding his fellow supporters out of thousands of dollars. • Riding for Pride: Trek Bicycle will be celebrating Pride Month by hosting individual Pride Ride events on June 27 in support of their local communities and will be donating a total of $75,000 across local LGBTQIA+ organizations. • Associated Press: Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and other top department officials took part in the Pentagon’s 10th annual LGBT Pride Month celebration on Wednesday morning. In his comments, Austin commemorated the progress the military had come in standing up for LGBTQ+ rights but recognized that there was still work to come.

The Advocate: A gay man in Florianópolis, Brazil, was gang-raped last week, one of the latest examples of horrific violence against LGBTQ+ people in the country — violence that activists say is spurred on by the nation’s homophobic president. • Page Six: The Bachelor host Chris Harrison demanded a $25 million payout after being booted from the show — and threatened to spill all the franchise’s dirty secrets if he didn’t get it, sources told Page Six. “He has nearly 20 years of dirt,” an ABC source said Tuesday. • New York Post: Jeff Bezos is getting shafted online over the shape of his big rocket. “Is it me, or does Jeff Bezos’ rocket look like a giant penis?” one person tweeted alongside a photo of Blue Origin, the craft the 57-year-old world’s richest man will fly into space next month. “I thought ‘penis’ as soon as I saw that image,” another person agreed.

Colton Underwood Of ‘The Bachelor’ Comes Out In Emotional Interview

Colton Underwood of 'The Bachelor' comes out as gay

Colton Underwood of 'The Bachelor' comes out as gay Former ‘Bachelor’ star Colton Underwood came out as gay in an interview with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts this morning. Underwood, who was a former pro football player prior to his time on ‘The Bachelor,’ said the past year of pandemic quarantine led to face some truths about himself. From GMA:

“I’ve ran from myself for a long time. I’ve hated myself for a long time,” Underwood told Roberts in a pre-taped chat. “And I’m gay. And I came to terms with that earlier this year and have been processing it. And the next step in all of this was sort of letting people know.”

“I’m still nervous, but yeah,” he continued. “It’s been a journey for sure.”

Underwood said he finally got to a place where he could be honest with himself after 2020, the year that turned everyone’s lives upside down, and made people “look at themselves in the mirror and figure out who they are and what they’ve been running from or what they’ve been putting off in their lives.”

When Roberts, who is also openly gay, said she could “see the joy” and “see the relief” in Underwood, he said he was “emotional in, like such a good, happy, positive way,” and is “the happiest and healthiest” he’s ever been.

The nervousness in Underwood’s voice is palpable as he gets to the words “I’m gay.” Having gone through my own coming out process years ago, I immediately felt that rush of nerves and emotion that happens for people in that moment. And then I tried to imagine being someone known by millions and handling such a personal life episode in such a public forum. Bachelor Nation, as the fandom of the franchise is called, first met Underwood when he was a contestant during the 14th season of “The Bachelorette” in 2018. He reappeared on the 4th season of “Bachelor in Paradise,” and was then the lead of season 23 of ‘The Bachelor’ were he was famously nicknamed the ‘Virgin Bachelor.’ “I fully was a virgin before that, and I could never give anybody a good enough answer about why I was a virgin,” says Underwood about  his “Virgin Bachelor” status during his time on the show. “The truth is I was the ‘Virgin Bachelor’ because I was gay, and I didn’t know how to handle it.”

Colton Underwood sits down with GMA's Robin Roberts
Colton Underwood sits down with GMA’s Robin Roberts
Since his time on the show, Underwood continued to give interviews saying ‘The Bachelor’ helped him realize that he was not gay after many in his life had questioned if he were gay since he was a football player and a virgin. Last year, he released his book The First Time: Finding Myself and Looking for Love on Reality TV where he shared having questioned his sexuality through his teen years, after relentless bullying from teammates. In the book,  he remembers searching online “Am I gay?” as far back as elementary school. Today, it seems Colton Underwood has moved past those personal demons. “I’m still the same Colton everybody met on TV. I’m still the same Colton to my friends and my family, I just happen to be able to share with people now all of me,” he tells Roberts. “And I am proud of that, you know? I am proud to be gay.”  

Contestant on THE BACHELOR calls Juan Pablo out for homophobic remark

As this season of THE BACHELOR is apparently winding down (I’ll admit I don’t watch the show regularly), the women of Season 18 got together Monday night to talk about their thoughts, experiences and disappointments in Juan Pablo Galavis.

In a recap of the show, TIME includes contestant Kelly’s tearful rant (labeled “awkward”) directed at Juan Pablo over his famous statement that gay people were “too pervert” to be on the show.

Kelly, who apparently has two fathers, takes the opportunity to call Juan Pablo out on his homophobic remarks.

As tears roll down her face, she demands an explanation and he refuses to give her one, saying that he wants to talk to her for an hour instead of deliver a four-minute sound bite.

As the women holler at him, Sharleen, once again, defends him. She says that on their date they talked about equality and he seemed cool with it and that’s good enough for her.

I’ve posted about the famous “pervert” comment here before. I will say this: while Juan Pablo called the comment “taken out of context” and that he “loves” gay people, I think he seems to have a good grasp of the English language. How the word “pervert” came to him when he says what he meant was “passionate” is still hard for me to buy.

In the end, it all won’t matter. The season ends soon, and Juan Pablo will sit by the phone waiting for his call to be on “Dancing With The Stars.”

(via TIME)

Rumor: Juan Pablo Galavis of THE BACHELOR may have texted fully naked, erect “selfie”

Radar Online is reporting it has a full frontal naked “selfie” of Juan Pablo Galavis, ABC’s current “Bachelor.”

The dirty picture was allegedly sent via text message to Juan Pablo’s new lady love. Because nothing says “I love you” like a photograph of one’s genitalia.

“The reality TV contestant is fully nude in the photo with an erect penis,” Radar Online reports, “and it has been verified that it came from a cell phone registered to the woman that the 32-year-old reportedly chooses as his final rose recipient.”

It is believed the nameless woman is the one responsible for leaking the photo. Sounds like a match made it Heaven.

You’ll remember it was just last month that Juan Pablo was quoted by a reporter saying there shouldn’t be a gay “Bachelor” because, in part, gay men are “more pervert” and that wouldn’t be acceptable to a TV audience. He later recanted saying he fumbled with the english language.

It seems he may be better with a camera than the english language in revealing who he truly is.

See you soon, Juan Pablo.

(via Queerty)

ABC denounces anti-gay “pervert: comments by BACHELOR star Juan Pablo Galavis

ABC released a statement yesterday distancing itself from comments made by Bachelor star Juan Pablo Galavis that gays are “perverted” and therefore a gay-themed version of The Bachelor would not set a “good example” for children.

Said ABC:

“Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio.”

Watch ABC’s report below:

The Bachelor’s Juan Pablo Galavis “apologizes” to those he MIGHT have offended calling them “perverts”

THE BACHELOR’s Juan Pablo Galavis offers one of those “sorry to those I might have offended” apologies for his VERY offensive statements regarding gay people like “There’s this thing about gay people… it seems to me, and I don’t know if I’m mistaken or not… but they’re more ‘pervert’ in a sense.”

I don’t know HOW that could possibly be taken as offensive. NOT.

I have to say – it’s just after 2pm and the recording of Juan Pablo saying these things surfaced early this morning. He clearly has the worst publicist and management team in the world. They took THIS long to write this?????

Here’s the ‘fauxpology’ from the stand up example of morality – a man who thinks it’s a good example to look for love on a reality show with 20 women in a hot tub:

“I want to apologize to all the people I may have offended because of my comments on having a Gay or Bisexual Bachelor.

“The comment was taken out of context. If you listen to the entire interview, there’s nothing but respect for Gay people and their families.

“I have many gay friends and one of my closest friends who’s like a brother has been a constant in my life especially during the past 5 months. The word pervert was not what I meant to say and I am very sorry about it. Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself.

“What I meant to say was that gay people are more affectionate and intense and for a segment of the TV audience this would be too racy to accept.

“The show is very racy as it is and I don’t let my 5 year old daughter watch it.

“Once again, I’m sorry for how my words were taken. I would never disrespect anyone.

First of all, I’ll post the recording of his comments again. The comment is not taken out of context. He says what he says. That kind of line is text-book publicist damage control thinking most people won’t hear the original statements. Unfortunately for Galavis his comments were recorded by a reporter.

Second, it’s offensive to me that he begins with “want to apologize to all the people I may have offended.”  May have offended?  Really?  Because some folks aren’t offended when they are called a “pervert?”

And third, defaulting to “I have many gay friends” is even more offensive to me.  Like when bigots would say “some of my best friends are black.”

He said gays are perverts.  Period.  Just own it, apologize and cut it there.

And get better publicists.  They’re slow and not very creative.

UPDATE:  The show’s network, ABC, issued this statement:

“Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio.”

UPDATE II:  The Bachelor star spoke to GLAAD by phone. The gay rights organization quoted Galavis via a statement:

“I have heard from many gay Latinos today who are hurt because of what I said and I apologize.

“I know gay parents and I support them and their families. They are good parents and loving families. I am a father and I know the feel of being a father, why wouldn’t I want my gay friends to also be happy parents?

“I also want gay and lesbian youth to know that it is fine to be who you are. Gay or straight, Black or White, Latin or American, what matters here is to respect who we are.

“I look forward to meeting with gay and lesbian families as well as Monica and Wilson from GLAAD.

“Gay and lesbian people, and the children they are raising, wrongfully face discrimination and I want them to know that I’m on their side.”

ABC’s latest “Bachelor” Juan Pablo Galavis says gays are “perverts” and shouldn’t be on THE BACHELOR

ABC's The Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis says gays are perverts and confuse children

Between hot tubs and romantic moments, we’re used to participants on ABC’s The Bachelor expose themselves. But the latest “Bachelor” Juan Pablo Galavis may have exposed a bit more than he meant to when asked about the idea of a possible gay or bisexual “bachelor” in the future.

At a recent network party, Galavis was asked whether or not he thought the hit ABC reality show featuring a gay or bisexual bachelor would be a “good idea.” Galavis reportedly told The TV Page’s Sean Daly:

“No… I respect [gay people] but, honestly, I don’t think it’s a good example for kids…”

“There’s this thing about gay people… it seems to me, and I don’t know if I’m mistaken or not… but they’re more ‘pervert’ in a sense. And to me the show would be too strong… too hard to watch.”

Emphasis in the quote above is mine.

In the middle of the discussion, it should be noted that Galavis points out “his boy Peter at the party, who is apparently gay and Galavis “respects 100%.” Because if you have a gay friend you can’t be a homophobe, right?

In related news, according to RadarOnline, that staunch, moral family man that he is – Galavis reported had his wages garnished by the state of Florida for not paying child support for his two year old daughter.

Listen to his comments below.

(via Huffington Post)

Three past “Bachelors” share what life is like “post-Bachelor”

Jake Pavelka, Bob Guiney and Andrew Firestone
Photo: Jeff Minton

“Bachelor Party!”

Great photo of three past “Bachelors” from years past.

Ever wonder what adjusting to real life is like after being the center piece (so to speak) of “The Bachelor” franchise? From this week’s PEOPLE Magazine:

“I tell all the girls I meet: Just know, I won’t be airlifting you to the top of a glacier on our first date,” says former franchise star Bob Guiney, 42. Joined by Andrew Firestone, 37, and Jake Pavelka, 35, at a March photo shoot for PEOPLE’s special issue celebrating 25 seasons of The Bachelor, three of the show’s biggest stars hammed it up – and shared the inside dish on the roses, romances and, yes, hot tubs, that made their seasons so very special.

Jake: My biggest regret was doing the TV interview about my breakup with Vienna [Girardi].

Bob: I felt bad for you watching that special. For me, I cringe whenever I see myself in the hot tub.

Andrew: I was in a hot tub every episode. And I’m built for deep-sea diving, not hot tubs! I don’t have the Jake Pavelka abs.

Bob: Andrew and I are the dinosaurs. We were pre-six-pack.

Jake: The hardest part for me were the rose ceremonies.

Andrew: I’m so deathly allergic to roses now – they give me hives!

Jake: Now I give daisies.

Bob: I give tulips …

Andrew: Isn’t that what you give at funerals?

Bob: Congratulations. You fell in love with me. Here are your tulips!