• TBT: Remembering sunsets at our pool (above) when we could actually have a group of folks over for summertime cocktails in our Olivia Newton-John cups. Ah, good times…
• The Advocate: The city of Anchorage has become the first in Alaska to ban so-called ‘conversion therapy’ for minors. This makes Alaska the 40th state where some jurisdiction has taken action against the harmful practice.
• New York Times: More than 100 former staff members for Senator John McCain are supporting former Vice President Joe Biden in a show of support across the political divide. The list of signatories includes a range of people — from chiefs of staff in Mr. McCain’s Senate office to junior aides on his campaigns — who worked for him over his 35 years in Congress and during two presidential bids. Republican Voters Against Trump also released this ad today in McCain’s home state of Arizona.
• OUT: A bodybuilding gay couple in Malta were brutally slain in their home on August 18. Police are looking for three persons captured on security cameras leaving the residence, as well as a suspected driver in an awaiting vehicle.
• JoeMyGod: After GoFundMe canceled a crowdfunding campaign for legal costs for accused 17-year-old murderer Kyle Rittenhouse, ‘Christian’ crowdfunding site GiveSendGo raised over $59,000 in the first few hours.
• ABC News: Cocky North Carolina congressional candidate Madison Cawthorn, 25, got it wrong during his four-minute speech during the Republican National Convention last night when he boasted the accomplishments of other youthful politicians in history, like James Madison, who he mistakenly announced signed the Declaration of Independence.
“If you don’t think young people can change the world, then you just don’t know American history. George Washington was 21 when he received his first military commission. Abe Lincoln, 22 when he first ran for office. And my personal favorite: James Madison was just 25 years old when he signed the Declaration of Independence.” Today, Cawthorn says he was just testing the fact-checkers.
After speaking all of that truth… I was afraid the fact checkers were going to get bored. I wanted to give them something to do.
I’m so proud of my husband, Michael Caprio, for raising over $25,000 at today’s Wellness Walk & Research Run for important wellness programs at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Center in Melbourne, Australia.
We lost Michael’s mother earlier this year to leukemia, and ten years ago we faced my own cancer journey when I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma (I’m great now).
In addition to her countless awards and accolades for her music and film work, Olivia’s lasting legacy will be this Center she has not only lent her name to but helped build from day one.
If cancer has touched you or someone you love, please consider donating to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Center by heading to https://www.onjcancercentre.org
• Instagram: Hubby Michael and I (above) are traveling today to Barcelona for a few days before we head out on the Mediterranean via Atlantis Cruises. Long travel day from Sin City to Barcelona, but looking forward to playing in the ‘City of Counts’ again. I’ll be sharing the adventure along the way…:)
• kenneth-in-the-212: Every Wednesday, Kenneth has the goods to get us over Hump Day – #WrestleWednesday
• Twitter: Donald Trump told reporters today his administration is “very seriously” looking at changing the Constitution through executive order. p.s. you can’t…
Trump says he’s “very seriously” looking at trying to change the Constitution by executive order.
“We’re looking at that very seriously — birthright citizenship. Where you have a baby on our land … ‘congratulations the baby is now a US citizen’ … it’s, frankly, ridiculous.” pic.twitter.com/5IBNOcMXE9
• Geekwire: LinkedIn blocked or removed 21.6 million fake accounts on its platform from January to June of this year, a sign that the Microsoft-owned social network is actively fighting some of the same issues that have plagued Facebook, Twitter and others.
• Boy Culture: Matt Rettenmund has more peeks at Renée Zellweger and Finn Wittrock as Judy Garland and Mickey Deans in Judy. The film lands in theaters September 27.
• Good Morning America: GMA announced the next cast of Dancing with the Stars, which includes former ‘liar in chief’ Sean Spicer, Queer Eye’s culture guy Karamo Brown, Christie Brinkley, and more.
• Hottie of the Day: Prior to last week’s red carpet at Chippendales in Las Vegas when ‘Jersey Shore’ star Vinny Guadagnino returned as celebrity guest host, my hubby Michael (longtime publicist for Chipps) helped photographers get their light settings right standing in for the reality star. This was his ‘back of the dress’ pose.
• Tennessee: A group of over 300 lawyers says Coffee County District Attorney Craig Northcutt should have his law license suspended after admitting he doesn’t prosecute domestic violence crimes involving married same-sex couples. “I don’t prosecute them because I don’t recognize it as marriage. There’s no marriage to protect.”
• Sun Sentinel: The South Florida newspaper had an ‘oopsie’ when it tweeted out a headline about moving a 100-year-old house, but instead featured a hot guy and a link to a story about an ‘adult-themed’ party in Key West.
• Lambda Legal: Military leaders, medical associations, public health groups, and HIV advocates joined three friend-of-the-court briefs which argue the Pentagon’s exclusion and discharge of HIV-service members is outdated, irrational and discriminatory given the advancements made in HIV medicine.
• Newsweek: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell got his panties in a wad when #MoscowMitch began trending on Twitter after he refused to allow a vote on new election security measures to stop interference in U.S. elections. What he’s not keen on admitting is he received campaign donations from voting machine lobbyists before blocking the vote.
• Out Music: Earlier this month, I interviewed out singer/songwriter Tom Goss about his latest single, “Quayside,” from his upcoming album, Territories.
The song is born out of Goss’s own experience exploring a polyamorous relationship after his husband asked to open their marriage. It was a journey he’d not previously considered.
“I really wanted the video to reflect the uncomfortableness of my situation,” Goss recently told Parade. “I want the viewer to feel the uncertainty and fear that I did visiting the Quayside for the first time.”
“That said, we were very conscious to make sure that my actions were still my own,” he added. “Nobody ever forced me through the door, I was, and am, a person who chooses his own path. The final decision, to walk into the Quayside and to completely submerge, represents the most complicated and uncharted path of them all — polyamory.”
Ricky Martin and Michael Caprio Photo: Denise Truscello
Handsome hubby Michael and I attended the official opening of DSQUARED2’s new store in Las Vegas on Thursday.
The men of DSQUARED2 – Dean and Dan Caten – are not only hot fashion designers today but also designed all the costumes for Ricky Martin’s ALL IN residency at the Monte Carlo, which had it’s opening the night before.
The pop star hosted the new store’s opening and super talented photographer Denise Truscello snapped this pic of Michael with the very easy on the eyes Mr. Martin.
The Danny Strong Fund at Boston Children’s Hospital supports the nation’s top-ranked Heart Center and its mission to heal children’s hearts. Donations to the Danny Strong Fund advance world-class research that’s leading to better, more effective treatments for patients with cardiomyopathy and other congenital heart diseases.
On top of volunteer work we both care about, Michael and I are both major fans of SURVIVOR going all the way back to season one.
Michael’s been texting me pics with many of our favorite contestants this year. Way, way cool.
Make sure you tune in tonight on CBS for the finale. Starts at the beginning of primetime – 8pmET/7pm CT and 8pm on the west coast. I’ll definitely be watching!
Our favorite this season! Super-Survivor Joe!
Michael shows Joe what items to sign for the auction
Kelly Wigglesworth – the season one runner-up! She should have won!
Michael models this year’s immunity necklace
Fan favorite Spencer and Michael
Michael with another fan favorite – Keith!
Michael with Jeremy, who’s modeling BOTH of his immunity necklaces from this season