Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Right-wing commentator Michael Knowles of the Daily Wire said that “transgenderism must be eradicated from public life entirely” at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday.
• Metroweekly: A Minnesota weightlifter has won a discrimination lawsuit against USA Powerlifting, with a state judge finding that the organization’s policy restricting transgender athletes from competing in women’s competitions violated her civil rights.
• Variety: Check out this interview with the two young stars of CLOSE, my favorite film of 2022 and nominated at the Oscars for best international feature.
Why ‘Close’ Director Lukas Dhont Cast Newcomers Eden Dambrine and Gustav De Waele in His Oscar-Nominated Drama https://t.co/A0fCT1sXW8
— Variety (@Variety) March 4, 2023
• Xtra: Heading into the final 7 for this season, it appears there’s not much movement power ranking those remaining in RuPaul’s Drag Race.
• LGBTQ News: The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued a warning to healthcare providers about a rise in antibiotic-resistant shigellosis, a condition overrepresented among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) as well as people living with HIV.
• Pink News: Lizzo proved she’s truly the queen of heartwarming moments after she paused her show to hug an emotional fan during a show in Milan, Italy.