Some news items you might have missed:
• What To Watch This Weekend: I’ll definitely be watching Tony Award nominee and all-around super-talent Norm Lewis (above) in concert with SiriusXM’s Seth Rudetsky at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT. Broadway audiences know the oh-so-handsome Lewis from his performances in Phantom of the Opera, Once on This Island, Sondheim on Sondheim, The Little Mermaid, Les Misérables, Chicago and more.
• Towleroad: Donald Trump’s niece, Mary Trump, shares in her newly released book, Too Much and Never Enough, that she decided not to come out to her family after hearing her grandmother call international pop star Elton John a “faggot.”
• Boy Culture: Matt Rettenmund calls out Chuck Woolery’s bs after the former game show host said COVID-19 is a hoax, then u-turned because his son “tested positive for the virus,” and then deleted his Twitter account.
• KIT212: Kenneth’s latest round-up of local LGBTQ publications leads off with South Florida’s Hotspots (below) featuring a profile on Anthony Catanzaro, once known as the ‘Superman of fitness.’ Catanzaro has released a new coffee table book to help fund his battle with Parkinson’s Disease.
• Buzzfeed News: Current and former employees of The Ellen DeGeneres Show say behind the scenes, they faced racism, fear, and intimidation. “That ‘be kind’ bullshit only happens when the cameras are on. It’s all for show.”
• Pink News: A judge in Poland has struck down one of the European country’s so-called “LGBT-free” zones ruling the policy violated the constitutional ban on discrimination and turned a “blind eye to reality.” Back in February, nearly 100 Polish municipal or local governments proclaimed themselves to be “free from LGBT” ideology and pledged to refrain from encouraging tolerance for gay people.
• Out Music: In advance of his new six-song concept EP, In A Dream, Troye Sivan drops the second single, “Easy,” an infectious plea to set a relationship back on course.
The leadoff track, “Take Yourself Home,” trended at #1 on Twitter worldwide following its release earlier this year and has now attained over 76 million cumulative global streams. Check out the new single below.