Happy Friday the 13th! Here are some news items you might have missed: • The Advocate: A French court has ordered two women to pay nearly $9,000 to France’s First Lady Brigitte Macron over claims they made in a 2021 YouTube video that falsely asserted the first lady was transgender. Continue reading “France’s First Lady Wins Trans Lawsuit + Doc-Film ‘Studio One Forever’ + More News”
Queer-Centered ‘Bottoms’ Lands In Top 10 + More News

Party Planning Checklist + More News

Boston LGBTQ Senior Housing Project Defaced + More News

Gay Black Man In Coma For 4 Days After Late Night Stabbing Attack



Video: Boston Cop Brags About Driving Into Protesters
NowThis News shares this report of vehicles being used to attack protesters across the country. In the first clip, a Boston police officer boasts about driving his car through a crowd of protesters. At the 30 second mark, the officer he’s bragging to turns away once he realizes his buddy has just confessed on an active body cam. ‘I’m f*cking hittin’ people with the car,’ says the police officer. The short video goes on to note other violent attacks on protesters with vehicles. Note – I’m definitely not anti-cop. I am anti-bad cop. These jokers make life much harder for the good guys.
News Round-Up: July 17, 2020

Podcast: Marriage Equality In Taiwan & Bermuda, Threats Against Boston Bars, 1st Same-Sex Kiss On Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
In this week’s podcast:
* A teenager is arrested for making threats of violence to two gay bars in Boston
* Taiwan overwhelmingly says ‘no’ to amending their civil code to include marriage equality
* The Trump administration is trying to take it’s ban on transgender military service members to the Supreme Court
* The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade made history with its first same-sex kiss
All that and more in this episode of The Randy Report
Boston: 16-Year-Old Arrested In Connection To Threatening Phone Calls To Gay Bars
A 16-year-old from Hampton has been arrested after police say he made threatening phone calls to two Boston gay bars earlier this month.
From the Boston Police Department website:
At about 9:30 PM, on Friday, November 23, 2018, officers from the Seabrook New Hampshire Police Department located and arrested a 16-year-old male from Hampton, NH, who was wanted in connection to an investigation surrounding threatening phone calls which had been received at two Boston area bars.
At the time of his arrest, the suspect was wanted on outstanding warrants sought out of Suffolk County Juvenile Court for Threats with Serious Public Alarm and Civil Rights Violations in connection to that investigation as well as additional warrants stemming from other charges from outside jurisdictions.
The suspect remains held at this time as a Fugitive from Justice. The Boston Police Fugitive Unit has responded and is collaborating with the Seabrook Police Department to arrange for the suspect’s return to the area for arraignment.
The threatening phone calls were made to the dbar and Alley Bar in Boston.
Rocco LaMonica, the manager at Alley Bar, told the Boston Herald: “Nobody wants to prosecute someone and ruin someone’s life.”
“Hopefully maybe this way, of talking to them, seeing we’re not the enemy, they’ll see it’s okay to be who you are,” he added.
Boston Hate Rally Met With Tens Of Thousands Of Counter-Protesters
From CNN:
Thousands of counterdemonstrators marched Saturday in downtown Boston in response to a self-described free speech rally that had sparked concerns of possible violence.
The largely peaceful march and rally came one week after racially motivated protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, turned deadly.
Amid a heavy police presence, men, women and children from diverse backgrounds showed up Saturday morning to march from the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center in Roxbury to Boston Common, the nation’s oldest park.
Some carried signs with messages such as “No Trump. No KKK. No racist USA” and “Americans against hate.” At times, they chanted “Hey hey, ho ho, white supremacy has got to go” and “Black lives matter.”
Police maintained a buffer zone between marchers and rally participants — averting major incidents except for occasional clashes and shouting matches between the counterprotesters and supporters of President Donald Trump.
Photos from the Boston rally and counter-protest.Follow live updates: https://t.co/hfV98QvP3T
Watch on CNN: https://t.co/MRRPSEhvTf pic.twitter.com/xtP1vTOA0m
— CNN (@CNN) August 19, 2017
Controversial rally in Boston has ended, police say. At least 8 arrested on what was a mostly peaceful day. https://t.co/iPNIPSrrQz pic.twitter.com/fqPbKnMUQa— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) August 19, 2017
Aerial video shows thousands of people flooding the streets of Boston for dueling rallies.Follow live updates: https://t.co/SindDYycVL pic.twitter.com/hIYSdoImjr
— CNN (@CNN) August 19, 2017