News Round-Up: January 25, 2021

Matthew Camp speaks out about the recent arson attack that destroyed his home
Matthew Camp (image via Instagram)
Some news items you might have missed: • NewNowNext: Porn star Matthew Camp speaks out about the recent early morning arson attack that destroyed his home. “I don’t have any enemies that I know of,” Camp says gently. “But I’m a gay sex worker who bought a house that used to be owned by a Satanist. I don’t know who did it, but it’s not hard to guess why they would.” • The Advocate: A group of eight U.S. Catholic Bishops released a statement in support of LGBTQ+ people, saying that, “God created you, God loves you and God is on your side.” A ninth Bishop later signed on as well. • Out Music: Openly gay artist J.R. Price has released a duet featuring his childhood hero, out singer/songwriter Tom Goss titled “Dance with Me”, a bluesy love song about the power dance has to bring a couple together before the world breaks them apart.

“The song chronicles that moment when a couple is fighting, and it doesn’t even make sense for them to stay together a second longer, but with a simple dance, they realize they can’t part because the attachment is too powerful,” explains Price. The track is available now.

Gothamist: The co-owner of a pub who refused to follow COVID-19 health restrictions has avoided a felony charge of second degree assault on an officer. On December 6, 2020, he drove into a sheriff’s deputy who tried to detain him breaking both the officer’s legs. • NBC News: The Kissimmee Police Department says it verified 30 screenshots of Facebook posts made by Officer Andrew Johnson in support of the Capitol riots, and disparaging the Black Lives Matter movement. And then the department fired him. • CNBC: Funny how ashamed these folks are after getting arrested. Garrett Miller (above) has been charged with invading the Capitol on January 6 and calling for the assassination of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. He’s very sorry now and he adds he was just following then-President Donald Trump’s orders.

Homocon Brandon Straka Arrested For Capitol Attack

Homocon Brandon Straka arrested for taking part in violent Capitol invasion
Brandon Straka (via website)
Homocon Brandon Straka arrested for taking part in the violent invasion of the U.S. Capitol on January 6. From The Daily Beast:

Brandon Straka, 43, has been charged with several crimes, including impeding a law enforcement officer during civil disorder and engaging in disorderly conduct with the intent to disturb a hearing before Congress, for his role in the Jan. 6 siege.

The ex-New York City hairstylist and self-described “former liberal” is best known for starting the “WalkAway Campaign,” which urged liberal voters to leave the Democratic Party. Earlier this month, Straka announced Facebook had removed the campaign’s page, which had over half a million followers.

Straka apparently made it very easy to gather evidence about his participation in the Capitol attack. Like many of his wacky, violent pals he tweeted videos and statements throughout the incident documenting his involvement. He also made headlines last June when he refused to wear a face mask on an American Airlines flight. He was eventually removed from the plane and banned from any future flights on American. I recently reported on another gay Trump supporter, Kristopher Dreww, who also fears being arrested for taking part in the attack on the Capitol.

QAnon Shaman Demands Organic Diet In Jail

Jacob Chansley, aka the QAnon Shaman, has been sentenced to 41 months in prison for his role in the Jan 6 Capitol Building invasion

QAnon Shaman has demanded only organic food while in jail for participating in the invasion of the U.S. Capitol
Jake Angeli (screen capture)
The public defender for the QAnon Shaman, aka Jake Angeli, informed a judge today that his client hasn’t eaten since last Friday because he only eats organic food. This was his first court appearance since being arrested for his part in the invasion of the U.S. Capitol building last week. From Newsweek:

During his first appearance at a federal courtroom in Phoenix, Angeli’s public defender Gerald Williams told the judge that he had not eaten since he was taken into custody because he is on an extremely restrictive diet consisting solely of organic food, believed to be for religious reasons.

Judge Deborah Fine said the claims were “deeply concerning” and ordered Williams to find a way to accommodate the 33-year-old’s demands.

“We will abide by the judge’s order,” David Gonzales, U.S. Marshal for the District of Arizona, later confirmed to ABC 15 Monday, adding Angeli will be provided food to meet his organic diet.

Angeli’s mother, Martha Chansley, told the local ABC News affiliate the QAnon Shaman “gets very sick if he doesn’t eat organic food — literally will get physically sick.”

Gay Trump Supporter Fears Arrest After Capitol Invasion

Gay Trump supporter says he fears for his life after taking part in violent riots at U.S. Capitol
Gay Trump supporter says he fears for his life after taking part in violent riots at U.S. Capitol
Kristopher Dreww (screen capture via Twitter)

Gay Trump supporter Kristopher Dreww (with two ‘w’s) says he now fears for his life as law enforcement officials are arresting those who took part in the violent invasion of the U.S. Capitol last week.

Dreww, who was a proud participant in the insurrection, took to social media during the melee on Wednesday to boast about being a part of the mob that stormed the Capitol building.

“I just got back from storming the Capitol,” said an energized Dreww. “It was successful. For all you bitches on Facebook going crazy talking about it was Antifa, f*cking being infiltrated, saying it wasn’t us, it was us. We proudly took back our Capitol.”

“They brought the National Guard out for us. We had the (expletive) cops running from us. Not because they are bitches but because they are smart.”

“God we did it today!” added Dreww. “We did it! It was exhilarating and it felt so f*cking good!”

But that was then, this is now and the authorities are now charging the insurrectionists for their actions.

In an interview with the Orange County Register, the self-described ‘Adorable Deplorable’ says “I’m scared, I fear for my life.”

Described as ‘choking back tears,’ he told the Register he drove home from Washington D.C. to Huntington Beach all while receiving ‘death threats from both Trump supporters and detractors.’

The gay Trump supporter says he arrived in Washington on Wednesday morning in time to catch some of Donald Trump Jr.’s address to the mob outside the White House. Following that, he went to his hotel and while waiting for his car to parked by a valet he became aware of the burgeoning insurrection.

The hairdresser says he raced to the Capitol building but instead of going “storming the Capitol,” now he says he sat outside under a tree eating sandwiches with a nurse and a teacher.

Fearing arrest by the FBI, the ‘Adorable Deplorable’ denies actually taking part in the invasion.

Absent the swagger of his earlier messages, Dreww now says, “I never went inside the Capitol.” Today, he explains the ‘we’ he referred to in his initial video message in regard to taking back the Capitol was a collective ‘we’ and not ‘he.’

“I am a waste of time (for authorities to investigate), but there are other people who did terrible things and should be arrested,” said the 32-year-old in what the Register describes as ‘subdued.’ “I didn’t go to Washington for Donald Trump. I went there for everyone’s vote to count.”

“I do regret not doing my research and not knowing what people were in there,” adds Dreww. “I am proud we took back our house, but I thought we took it back peacefully.” Dreww also expressed concern for his beauty salon business as his Yelp page is now receiving 1-star reviews from people calling him out as a domestic terrorist.

(Source: Orange County Register)

Donald Trump Denies Responsibility For Capitol Invasion

Donald Trump denies any responsibility for invasion of U.S. Capitol building

Donald Trump denies any responsibility for invasion of U.S. Capitol building
Donald Trump (screen capture via CNN)
In his first remarks to the press since the invasion of the U.S. Capitol building last week, Donald Trump took no responsibility for the violence and chaos that took place after he encouraged his followers to “march up to the Capitol” and “fight like hell.” From CNN:

A defiant President Donald Trump insisted Tuesday his speech inciting the riot at the US Capitol was “totally appropriate” while at the same time calling for “no violence” in his first public remarks to reporters after the insurrection last week.

Trump assumed no responsibility for what happened last Wednesday, despite telling his supporters in the hour beforehand to “fight like hell.” And he did not specifically decry attempts to find and kill political leaders, including his own vice president.

Before leaving the White House earlier in the day, the Donald also denounced the current impeachment proceedings developing in Congress calling it a “continuation of the greatest witch hunt in the history of politics.” He also insinuated that those actions could lead to more violence. “This impeachment is causing tremendous anger, and you’re doing it and it’s really a terrible thing that they’re doing,” he told reporters.

 

Arnold Schwarzenegger On Trump: ‘I Know Where Such Lies Lead’

Arnold Schwarzenegger compares Trump supporters to Nazis in Twitter message

Arnold Schwarzenegger compares Trump supporters to Nazis in Twitter message
Arnold Schwarzenegger (screen capture)
Arnold Schwarzenegger, movie star and former Republican Governor of California, did not hold back in a recent video message posted to Twitter that compares the recent invasion of the U.S. Capitol to the violent 1938 attack on Jews known as the “Night of Broken Glass” in his native country Austria. “I grew up in a country that suffered from the loss of its democracy,” said Schwarzenegger after noting that the 1938 violence was perpetrated by a “Nazi equivalent of the Proud Boys.” The 73-year-old former politician shared that he grew up knowing people who weren’t Nazis or anti-Semites but who “just went along” with the violence. That included his own father who he admitted would come home drunk and beat him and his mother, like other neighborhood men who were “in emotional pain for what they saw or did.” “It all started with lies, lies, lies and intolerance,” he continued. “Being from Europe I’ve seen firsthand how bad things can spin out of control.” “He sought a coup by misleading people with lies,” he said. “I know where such lies lead.” He also declared that Donald Trump would go down as the “worse president” in history.

Congress Under Lockdown As Trump Cultists Storm The Capitol

Screen capture via CNN

Screen capture via CNN
(screen capture via CNN)
Several news outlets are reporting that Vice President Mike Pence has been evacuated from the Senate Chamber as Trump cultists have breached security barricades outside the Capitol. According to reports, there is an armed standoff at the door to the House floor. From the New York Times:

The Capitol building was placed on lockdown, with senators and members of the House locked inside their chambers, as Congress began debating President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. President Trump addressed supporters near the White House before protesters marched to Capitol Hill.

Chaos engulfed the Capitol on Wednesday as a faction of Republicans sought to overturn President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory in Congress and a group of protesters loyal to President Trump tried to storm the building, demanding to be heard.

Around 2:15 p.m., the proceedings ground to a halt as security rushed Vice President Mike Pence out of the Senate chamber and the Capitol building was placed on lockdown, with senators and members of the House locked inside their chambers.

The extraordinary day in Washington laid bare deep divisions both between the two parties and within Republican ranks, the ceremonial counting of electoral votes that unfolds every four years in Congress was transformed into an explosive spectacle, with President Trump stoking the unrest.