Some news items you might have missed:
• Rufus Does Judy: One more track in honor of the 100th birthday of Hollywood legend Judy Garland. Rufus Wainwright and Kristin Chenoweth team up for the iconic Judy/Barbra Streisand duet “Happy Days Are Here Again/Get Happy.” The full extraordinary album by Rufus honoring Judy is available now.
• The Advocate: A small Texas town is rallying around a gay couple and their daughter after someone set fire to several rainbow flags on the family’s property near Dallas on June 2.
“It’s been really amazing having the support of the community like this and meeting new friends along the way,” said resident Terry Garner. https://t.co/rlQmuF3cNQ
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) June 10, 2022
• New York Times: President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has urged the European Union to formally accept his nation’s candidacy to join the bloc’s current 27 members. Even if Ukraine’s candidacy were accepted, the process of becoming a full member could take years.
• Politico: In the days before the electoral college certification, then-Vice President Mike Pence’s legal team meticulously tracked the Trump campaign’s assertions of election fraud and found them all to be minor or unverifiable.
NEW: In a Jan. 1 spreadsheet, Pence’s lawyers detailed Trump allies’ voter fraud allegations. Their conclusion: Most were “small in number, or cannot be verified”
That included a dozen allegations made in court by the Trump campaign
— Betsy Woodruff Swan (@woodruffbets) June 10, 2022
• Twitter: Far-right extremist Dennis Prager was asked if he would have the guts to tell grieving parents of the recent school shooting in Texas to their faces that “what they’re feeling is wrong.”
His answer: ” I would be honored to speak to them and tell them they’re wrong. Honored. It would be one of the highlights of my life to talk to these grieving people and tell them.”
A caller confronts Dennis Prager, asking if he’d tell grieving parents in Texas that their request for gun control is wrong. Prager responds: “I would be honored to speak to them and tell them they’re wrong” pic.twitter.com/uo5VbVyZ1g
— Jason Campbell (@JasonSCampbell) June 10, 2022