Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunks: Artist and fitness professional Anthony Varrecchia (above) does the honors in heading up this Hump Day round-up all the way from Key West where he’s enjoying the mood at Island House. Follow him on Instagram here. #woof
• HuffPost: On the first day of Pride Month 2021, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) signed a bill barring transgender females from playing on public school teams intended for student athletes born as girls, plunging the state into the national culture war over transgender rights.
• Kenneth-in-the-212: Our veteran NYC-based blogger puts the spotlight on this oh-so-adorbs veterinarian in his ‘Morning Wood’ feature.
• Yahoo News: Democrat Melanie Stansbury defeated her Republican opponent Mark Moores in the special election to represent New Mexico’s 1st congressional district, a House seat vacated when Deb Haaland was confirmed as President Biden’s Interior secretary.
• Politico: The firm that owns the National Enquirer has agreed to pay $187,500 to the Federal Election Commission to settle complaints that it unlawfully aided Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016 by suppressing the story of an actress who said she had a sexual relationship with Trump.
• The Daily Beast: Donald Trump’s blog – “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump” – was met with a collective shrug from the public, and is being shut down after just 29 days. Senior Trump aide Jason Miller says the blog has been scuttled and “will not be returning.”
Trump's blog appears to be gone pic.twitter.com/yI9hAR3Ozs
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) June 2, 2021