Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: One of the Jussie Smollett ‘attackers’ testified in court today he took part in the alleged charade because he thought Smollett (above) could help his “acting career.”
• Out Front Magazine: Topeka, Kansas was once best known as the home of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church. Now, it is becoming a city bursting with LGBTQ Pride.
• Twitter: President Joe Biden expertly serves up shade when asked about reports that the former guy tested positive for COVID just days before their first debate.
Amid reports Donald Trump tested positive for COVID days before their 1st debate, a reporter asks President Biden “Do you think the former president put you at risk?”
— The Randy Report (@randyslovacek) December 1, 2021
• AP News: Hearing a case that could result in overturning Roe v. Wade, Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett asked why mothers don’t just relinquish newborns after birth instead of turning to abortion. “Why don’t the safe haven laws take care of that problem?”
• Washington Post: Democrat Stacey Abrams, who narrowly lost to Gov. Brian Kemp (R) in 2018, has announced her bid for Georgia governor in a potential rematch.
Broadway will dim all marquee lights for Stephen Sondheim December 8. https://t.co/GLePrGUNfv
— Playbill (@playbill) December 2, 2021