Some news stories you might have missed:
• Gayety: Netflix has announced Season 7 of its Emmy-winning Queer Eye will premiere May 12.
• The Advocate: Almost 90% of mpox-related deaths in the U.S. were among Black men, and nearly all had weakened immune systems.
In the past 12 months, 30,235 Americans were diagnosed with mpox (formerly known as monkeypox). Forty-two deaths were linked to mpox; 36 of them were men, and 33 were Black men. The average age of those who died was 34.
More than 30,000 people have been diagnosed with mpox in the U.S. https://t.co/o7yBR0kMlk
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) April 14, 2023
• Texas Tribune: The Texas Senate has approved a school library bill meant to keep “harmful” materials off shelves. You know what that’s code for, right?
• Pink News: Donald Trump Junior told his podcast listeners that the “trans mafia” is controlling “everything” and dubbed Dylan Mulvaney’s brand partnerships with Nike and Bud Light “woke beyond belief.”
Donald Trump Jr thinks Dylan Mulvaney collabs are proof that a ‘trans mafia’ is controlling everything https://t.co/6iyL1U6LyX
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) April 15, 2023
• NBC News: Germany and France are joining the EU Commission’s infringement proceedings against Hungary over its anti-LGBTQ law that bans the use of materials seen as promoting homosexuality and transgender identities in schools.
• ExtraTV: “Queer Eye” star Tan France is going to be a dad again! France has announced that he is expecting his second child with husband Rob France via surrogate.