Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Republicans barely passed this year’s defense bill with ‘poison pills’ like barring gender-affirming healthcare coverage for trans service members, killing the current policy of reimbursing female military members who have to travel to other states in order to have an abortion, and ending diversity training. It won’t pass in the Senate.
• Cleveland.com: More of that “voter fraud” we keep hearing about – an Ohio Trump supporter says he “accidentally” voted twice in BOTH the 2020 and 2022 elections.
• Variety: During his trial in the UK for alleged sexual assault charges, Oscar winner Kevin Spacey defended his coming out as gay after being accused of sexual misconduct – “I was under a LOT of pressure.”
In U.K. court today, Kevin Spacey addressed coming out as gay in response to Anthony Rapp’s sexual misconduct accusation: “I was under a lot of pressure that I had to say something. That it would be a PR nightmare if I didn’t.” https://t.co/BW3cwD1FjX
— Variety (@Variety) July 13, 2023
• Spectrum News: President Joe Biden’s campaign announced that it raised more than $72 million from April to June with the Democratic National Committee and its joint fundraising committees – more than the Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis campaigns combined.
• JoeMyGod: Tucker Carlson tried hard to get former Vice President Mike Pence to downplay the January 6 riots. He failed. Pence said, “It was a riot that took place in the Capitol that day.”
Tucker Carlson: "What was that? Do you think that was an insurrection?"
Mike Pence: "It was a tragic day. I've never used the word insurrection, Tucker, over the last two years. It was a riot that took place in the Capitol that day." pic.twitter.com/oOMUA9dGcW
— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) July 14, 2023