Some news items you might have missed:
• Yahoo News: 52-year-old Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista (center above) was asked about a shirtless, speedo-clad photo he took while down under in Australia. “I guess, when in Australia!” the retired wrestler joked on during an appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show.
• Outsports: The LGBTQ sports site has compiled a list of all of the 2021 Pride Nights taking place throughout Major League Baseball. Currently, 17 teams have scheduled a Pride Night on their 2021 calendars.
• Axios: New studies indicate those who’ve recovered from COVID-19 and got vaccinated won’t need boosters, per the New York Times. However, those who weren’t infected but were vaccinated will likely need boosters. Check out the graphic below tracking the increase/decrease of COVID-19 cases over the past year.
• ABC News: Joseph Costello, a high school freshman, will have his college education paid for thanks to getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Joseph, of Englewood, Ohio, was announced Wednesday as the winner of a full-ride, four-year scholarship – with room, board, tuition and books – in Ohio’s Vax-a-Million lottery. Additionally, an Ohio couple won the first weekly million-dollar prize in a separate drawing.
• Variety: Oscar winner Vanessa Redgrave is now distancing herself from the proposed Italian film, “The Man Who Drew God,” which has been announced as Kevin Spacey’s return to acting. The actress was reportedly attached to the project which is expected to be directed by her husband of 15 years, Franco Nero.
• HuffPost: Lil Nas X says he’ll “never trust pants again” after his SNL wardrobe malfunction. The Grammy winner set the record straight about splitting his pants on “Saturday Night Live” over the weekend, assuring fans the wardrobe malfunction was not a publicity stunt.
“I was pretty much going down, doing my little sexy dropdown, and boom, I feel air!”
— The Tonight Show (@FallonTonight) May 25, 2021