Defense Sec. Pete Hegseth reportedly gave verbal orders to leave no survivors behind as Donald Trump’s administration launched the first of many deadly attacks on alleged drug-running boats in the Caribbean.
When two survivors emerged from the wreckage of that initial strike in September, a Special Operations commander overseeing the attack ordered a second strike to comply with Hegseth’s instructions to “kill everybody.”
Exclusive: Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth gave an order to “kill everybody” in the first strike on suspected drug boats in the Caribbean. After two men survived, the mission commander ordered a second strike to comply with Hegseth’s instructions, according to two sources.…
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) November 28, 2025
From the Washington Post:
A missile screamed off the Trinidad coast, striking the vessel and igniting a blaze from bow to stern. For minutes, commanders watched the boat burning on a live drone feed. As the smoke cleared, they got a jolt: Two survivors were clinging to the smoldering wreck.
The Special Operations commander overseeing the Sept. 2 attack — the opening salvo in the Trump administration’s war on suspected drug traffickers in the Western Hemisphere — ordered a second strike to comply with Hegseth’s instructions, two people familiar with the matter said. The two men were blown apart in the water.
Some current and former U.S. officials and law-of-war experts have said that the Pentagon’s lethal campaign — which has killed more than 80 people to date — is unlawful and may expose those most directly involved to future prosecution.
Todd Huntley, a former military lawyer who advised Special Operations, tells the Post that an order to kill those survivors who were unable to fight “would in essence be an order to show no quarter, which would be a war crime.”
Maybe this is why Hegseth lost his mind over that innocuous video message from six lawmakers last week telling military members they have the right to refuse “illegal orders.” Hegseth ordered U.S. military to commit murder.
I served as a JAG on active duty for 4 years and in the reserves for 21. If the Washington Post report is true, then a war crime was committed. U.S. military cannot intentionally kill defenseless survivors.
Simple analogy: Can military execute terrorists held at Guantanamo? NO. https://t.co/T4ElaL0Uru
— Ted Lieu (@tedlieu) November 29, 2025
WASH POST: “As two men clung to a stricken, burning ship targeted by SEAL Team 6, the Joint Special Operations commander followed Hegseth’s order to leave no survivors.”
Lawless. Murder.
www.washingtonpost.com/national-sec…— The Tennessee Holler (@thetnholler.bsky.social) November 28, 2025 at 11:25 AM
Discover more from The Randy Report
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
