Some news items you might have missed:
• Discovery+: RuPaul’s Drag Race star Trixie Mattel previews the upcoming Trixie Motel, a new renovation show wherein the diva has purchased a drab motel in Palm Springs with plans to give the place its own total drag make-over to fabulousness.
• Reuters: Germany says it is prepared to back an immediate European Union embargo on Russian oil, a major shift from Moscow’s biggest energy customer. Ukraine says that means European countries are basically funding the Russian war effort.
• Gayety: Check out the photos of thirty-three men from thirty-three countries representing their home nations in the Mister Global competition. Here’s DJ Davids, Mr. USA, but all are definitely worth the perusal.
• Washington Post: A new poll shows a huge majority of Americans support helping Ukraine in its battle against Russia. In all, 73 percent say the United States is doing either the right amount or too little to support Ukraine.
• HuffPost: In a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Oprah Winfrey shared that she “didn’t leave home for 322 days — literally did not leave the house,” during the first year of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• OUT: Many cheered when Jonathan Kent (a.k.a. Superman) came out as bisexual and got a boyfriend in the pages of Superman: Son of Kal-El #5 last fall. In the upcoming DC Pride comic anthology, Kent’s boyfriend, reporter Jay Nakamura, gifts Superman with a new cape, one that’s perfect for the bisexual superhero.
I have also wanted to work on a Superman comic and I’m SO happy it’s this one! pic.twitter.com/NAJnqU0BI5
— Tríona Tree Farrell (@Treestumped) April 29, 2022