Some news items you might have missed:
• LGBTQ Nation: “The Old Gays” never thought they’d survive HIV, but now they have over 9.2 million TikTok followers and they’re using that influence to fight ageism and advocate for LGBTQ+ rights.
• Washington Blade: Lawmakers in Ukraine on Thursday unanimously approved a bill that will ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. In August, President Zelenskyy spoke in support of civil partnerships. #progress
Ukraine Passes LGBTQ+ Nondiscrimination: According to the Washington Blade, on Thursday, lawmakers in Ukraine unanimously approved a bill that will ban discrimination based on sexual … https://t.co/Yaz8LQTlUQ
— Trek Maestro (@Trek_Maestro) December 17, 2022
• Washington Post: Virulently anti-LGBTQ Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has reportedly been trying to compile a list of transgender Texans. If that doesn’t send a chill down your back…
• Music Mayhem: Out American Idol alum Adam Lambert delivered a stunning performance of Duran Duran’s “Ordinary World” during the finale of The Voice this week in honor of the victims who lost their lives in the Club Q mass shooting in Colorado Springs.
• LGBTQ Nation: Conservative activist Bruce Friedman is trying to get over 3,600 book titles banned from Florida schools. He claims the books – many of which are LGBTQ-centric or anti-racist – contain so-called “porn, critical race theory, social-emotional learning, [and] fluid gender.”
• CNN: The rioter at the front of a mob that chased US Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman up flights of stairs near the Senate chamber on January 6, 2021, has been sentenced to five years behind bars.
(CNN) — The rioter at the front of a mob that chased US Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman up flights of stairs near the Senate chamber on January 6, 2021, has been sentenced to five years behind bars. https://t.co/fef8hRL7K7
— Bryce Oselen (@BryceOselen) December 16, 2022