CNN: Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin Is Next To Be Fired From Trump Administration

Donald Trump may like being in Apprentice-mode these days.

Right on the heels of firing his Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, CNN is reporting that President Trump is looking to dismiss embattled Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin and replace him with Energy Secretary Rick Perry.

Shulkin has butted heads in recent months with conservative White House officials over the expansion of government-subsidized private health care for veterans, outside the government-run V.A. health system.

Additionally, Shulkin drew negative attention for a trip to Britain and Denmark last year where it appears he spent much of the time sight-seeing with his wife.

Rick Perry reportedly had lunch at the White House yesterday but no confirmation if the subject of moving to the VA came up.

Watch the report from CNN below.

Trump Aide Fired For “Serious Financial Crimes” Investigation, Immediately Hired By 2020 Trump Campaign

More news coming out of the dumpster fire that is the Trump Administration – Trump’s personal assistant, Johnny McEntee, was quietly fired on Monday from the White House.

After months of issues with his background security check, he was let go and escorted from the White House yesterday.

According to CNN, McEntee’s security clearance hit a snag “because he is currently under investigation by the Department of Homeland Security for serious financial crimes.”

But remember, according to Trump this White House has “no Chaos, only great Energy!”

Now, where do you get a job when you’re being investigated for “serious financial crimes?”

He was immediately hired today by the Trump 2020 reelection campaign.

See CNN’s report below.

White House Soon To Be “Hope-Less” As Comm Director To Resign

Another one bites the dust.

From The New York Times:

Hope Hicks, the White House communications director and one of President Trump’s longest-serving advisers, said Wednesday that she plans to leave the White House in the coming weeks.

Ms. Hicks, 29, a former model who joined Mr. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign without any experience in politics, became known as one of the few aides who understood his personality and style and could challenge the president to change his views.

Ms. Hicks had been considering leaving for several months. She told colleagues that she had accomplished what she felt she could with a job that made her one of the most powerful people in Washington, and that there would never be a perfect moment to leave, according to White House aides.

Her resignation came a day after she testified for eight hours before the House Intelligence Committee, telling the panel that in her job, she had occasionally been required to tell white lies but had never lied about anything connected to the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

The news of Hicks’ resignation comes just a day after she spent more than 8 hours testifying in front of the House Intelligence Committee.

According to reports, while she declined to answer many questions she did admit that she has felt her job required her to tell “white lies” about events at the White House.

Hicks has also been implicated in the drafting of a misleading statement Trump dictated aboard Air Force One regarding his son’s meeting with a Russian lawyer during the presidential election.

According to people present at the time, Hicks reportedly told the president that Trump Jr.’s email exchange in setting up the meeting would “never get out.”

Recently, she was also romantically involved with now-departed White House staff secretary Rob Porter who resigned amid multiple allegations of domestic abuse from his two ex-wives.

White House Lies: “The President Hasn’t Said That Russia Didn’t Meddle”

Proving that the White House staff lives in a bizarro/other dimension where up is down and down is up, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied that Donald Trump ever said Russia didn’t meddle in the 2016 presidential election.

Sanders told reporters at today’s press briefing:

“One of the places where you guys seem to get very confused––and it seems to happen regularly––the President hasn’t said that Russian didn’t meddle. What he’s saying is it didn’t have an impact and it certainly wasn’t with help from the Trump campaign. It’s also very clear that Russia meddled in the election. It’s also very clear it didn’t have an impact on the election, and it’s also very clear the Trump campaign didn’t collude with the Russians in any way.”

Watch Ms. Sanders literally lie through her teeth below.

Rob Porter Was Under Consideration For WH Promotion When Domestic Abuse Allegations Made Public

Well, the news is not getting any better for the White House today.

In the aftermath of today’s revelation that the FBI informed the White House months ago that there were serious domestic abuse reports regarding former staff secretary Rob Porter, now comes word that he was in the process of being considered for a promotion even in light of his ex-wives’ testimony of physical abuse.

From CNN:

His anticipated elevation further highlights how top White House officials were willing to overlook indications from the FBI that there were potential abuse allegations in his background in exchange for professional competence in a tumultuous West Wing.

Porter had been actively lobbying to take on new policy portfolios outside the traditional scope of the staff secretary, one person familiar with the matter said, which included speechwriting duties and a role in planning policy rollouts. Neither of those tasks is traditionally carried out by the staff secretary.
One of the areas Porter was set to delve further into was trade policy, according to the person. Porter was a regular attendee at a weekly trade meeting among top-level administration officials.

He was also being considered for the deputy chief of staff position, another source familiar with the situation said. CNN reported Friday that Jim Carroll, who served as the deputy chief of staff for less than three months, was stepping down to helm the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

So, we know Chief of Staff John Kelly knew of the abuse allegations in January. But even so, Kelly would have promoted Porter if the press hadn’t reported on his ex-wives’ reports of abuse???

You can watch the video report on CNN here.

FBI Director Contradicts White House Version Of Timeline On Rob Porter Background Check

FBI Director Christopher Wray

Donald Trump’s own hand-picked FBI Director, Christopher Wray, directly contradicted the White House’s timeline regarding now-departed staff secretary Rob Porter’s background security check.

The White House told the press that Porter’s alleged domestic abuse only came to light this month.

But testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee today, Wray told lawmakers the FBI completed a partial report in March, finished a final report in July, and delivered responses to follow up requests in November.

The White House has never mentioned receiving a report in March. And White House spokesman Raj Shah told reporters that the background check was never completed.

WH Aide To Donald Trump Resigns Amid Accusations Of Abuse

Rob Porter (R)

A top White House aide, Rob Porter, has resigned after his two ex-wives came forward with stories of domestic abuse.

Remember, Donald Trump told us over and over how he has “the best people.”

From The New York Times:

As the White House staff secretary, Rob Porter is not a public figure, but he is responsible for paper flow to the president, a job of crucial importance in the Trump administration. He frequently travels with President Trump on Air Force One, and he helped write Mr. Trump’s first State of the Union address last month.

But despite initial support from John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, and other West Wing staff aides, Mr. Porter announced his resignation on Wednesday, a day after his two former wives accused him in interviews of physical abuse when they were married to him.

His troubles were not a complete secret at the White House: Two people close to the White House said that the allegations against him made by his former wives, Colbie Holderness and Jennifer Willoughby, had contributed to a delay in granting him a permanent security clearance.

In a statement, Mr. Porter said that “these allegations are simply false,” even as details of the alleged abuse and photographs of one of his former wives with a black eye that she said he had given her were widely circulated.

Ms. Willoughby shared a blog post back in April of last year that, without naming Porter, described the abuse during their marriage.

Porter reportedly asked Willoughby to remove the post several times.

Here’s just the beginning:

The first time he called me a “fucking bitch” was on our honeymoon. (I found out years later he had kicked his first wife on theirs.) A month later he physically prevented me from leaving the house. Less than two months after that, I filed a protective order with the police because he punched in the glass on our front door while I was locked inside. We bought a house to make up for it. Just after our one year anniversary, he pulled me, naked and dripping, from the shower to yell at me.

Everyone loved him. People commented all the time how lucky I was. Strangers complimented him to me every time we went out. But in my home, the abuse was insidious. The threats were personal. The terror was real. And yet I stayed.

Even though White House Chief of Staff John Kelly knew of the allegations since last fall, he defended Porter this week saying, “He is a friend, a confidant and a trusted professional.”

“I am proud to serve alongside him,” Kelly added.

One more detail of note: Porter is apparently now dating White House communications director Hope Hicks, who is one of the closest, most influential advisers to Trump.

Here are the photos of the black eye Porter allegedly dealt his first ex-wife:

Trump Breaks Modern Record For White House Staff Departures

Maybe they’re just not into him?

Donald Trump breaks yet another record, although this isn’t really one to be proud of in my estimation.

Donald Trump has seen more turnover in White House staff during his first year in office than any president in modern history.

According to The Washington Post’s Monkey Cage, here’s the percentage of folks leaving their White House positions within year one:

Ronald Reagan: 17%

George H.W. Bush: 7%

Bill Clinton: 11%

George W. Bush: 6%

Barack Obama: 9%

Donald Trump: 34%

Check the video below for a list of White House staff who’ve taken leave before the end of Year One of the Trump Presidency.

White House: Steve Bannon “Not Only Lost His Job, He Lost His Mind”

File this under “Infighting is funny.”

The White House has quickly issued this statement regarding Steve Bannon’s quoted statements in Michael Wolff’s upcoming behind-the-scenes look at the Trump presidency, Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.

Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base—he’s only in it for himself.

Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down.

From the parody Twitter account of “President Bannon:”

Steve Bannon Calls Trump Jr.’s Russian Meeting “Treasonous” In New White House Exposé


New York Magazine has posted a fascinating adapted excerpt from the forthcoming book, Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by veteran journalist, Michael Wolff.

From New York Magazine:

Wolff, who chronicles the administration from Election Day to this past October, conducted conversations and interviews over a period of 18 months with the president, most members of his senior staff, and many people to whom they in turn spoke. Shortly after Trump’s inauguration, Wolff says, he was able to take up “something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing” — an idea encouraged by the president himself. Because no one was in a position to either officially approve or formally deny such access, Wolff became “more a constant interloper than an invited guest.” There were no ground rules placed on his access, and he was required to make no promises about how he would report on what he witnessed.

Since then, he conducted more than 200 interviews. In true Trumpian fashion, the administration’s lack of experience and disdain for political norms made for a hodgepodge of journalistic challenges. Information would be provided off-the-record or on deep background, then casually put on the record. Sources would fail to set any parameters on the use of a conversation, or would provide accounts in confidence, only to subsequently share their views widely. And the president’s own views, private as well as public, were constantly shared by others.

I just finished reading the online excerpt and it is riveting in its frank behind-the-scenes accounts of a presidency that apparently no one expected to happen.

According to the article:

• The entire Trump campaign team, including Donald Trump, was expecting to lose the election. But the loss was to set up each Trump player for the next chapters of their lives. Trump reportedly told Roger Ailes, “I don’t think about losing, because it isn’t losing. We’ve totally won.”

• Melania Trump had been promised her husband wouldn’t win; Kellyanne Conway had already interviewed with news networks before election day to become a political pundit/star; Steve Bannon was to become the defacto head of the Tea Party. And then Trump won.

Shortly after 8 p.m. on Election Night, when the unexpected trend — Trump might actually win — seemed confirmed, Don Jr. told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears—and not of joy.

There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon’s not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump. But still to come was the final transformation: Suddenly, Donald Trump became a man who believed that he deserved to be, and was wholly capable of being, the president of the United States.

[snip]

Early in the campaign, Sam Nunberg was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate. “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment,” Nunberg recalled, “before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.

• Donald and Melania Trump sleep in separate bedrooms.

• Bannon says the Russian collusion investigation is heading towards the issue of money laundering.

• Katie Walsh, former Deputy Chief of Staff, told Wolff that working with Trump in the White House was “like trying to figure out what a child wants.”

And then there’s a bombshell report from The Guardian, who got ahold of an advance copy, wherein Steve Bannon called Donald Trump Jr. “treasonous” and predicted that the investigation into Russian collusion will “crack Don Junior like egg.”

It’s an enthralling read. Wolff is an absolute pro – you can be certain nothing here is made up. With oveer 200 documented interviews, and folks too inexperienced to set parameters on those chat with Wolff, I’m sure many will be denying they said a lot of stuff Wolff recorded.

From the folks in the Twitterverse: