In this edition of Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Cavalcade:
• After little-to-no effort to assauge the coronavirus in the White House working environment other than testing (that clearly failed), staffers have been instructed to wear full PPE gear when closely interacting with Donald Trump reports the New York Times. Even so, there are conflicting accounts as to whether Trump is working from the White House residence or in the Oval Office.
• The FDA has issued guidance recommending that participants in late-stage coronavirus vaccine clinical trials be followed for at least two months after the final injection to ensure safety and boost public trust in any approved vaccine.
• Trump adviser Stephen Miller is the most recent high-level White House adviser to test positive for the coronavirus. Additionally, one of Trump’s military aides who carries the ‘nuclear football’ has tested positive as well.
• Speaking of the ‘nuclear football,’ due to the medications Trump has received to treat coronavirus (including dexamethasone, which can cause mood swings and “frank psychotic manifestations”), the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists has issued a statement saying “we should not entrust nuclear launch authority to someone who is not fully lucid.”
• After more than a dozen White House staffers have tested positive for coronavirus, Vice President Mike Pence’s team has finally agreed to allow plexiglass barriers between himself and Democratic vice-presidential candidate Kamala Harris at tonight’s veep debate in light of the rash of positive cases within the White House.
• Donald Trump announced that he ordered Republicans to end negotiations for further coronavirus stimulus for Americans because some of the money would go to ‘Democrat’ states. Pssst, most of those states send the largest portion of tax dollars to the federal government. Oh, and blue state folks are Americans, too.
…request, and looking to the future of our Country. I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked…
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 6, 2020