Parents Of Michigan School Shooting Suspect Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Ethan Crumbley has been charged with multiple offenses after going on a shooting rage at Oxford High School.

The parents of the 15-year-old accused of going on a deadly shooting rampage at Oxford High School have been charged with involuntary manslaughter in regard to the incident that left four students dead. Continue reading “Parents Of Michigan School Shooting Suspect Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter”

Santa Clarita: School Shooting At Saugus High School

Students file out of Saugus High School after a reported shooting incident

Students file out of Saugus High School after a reported shooting incident
Students file out of Saugus High School after a reported shooting incident (screen capture)
Update from NBC News:

Multiple people were injured, at least two of them critically, in a shooting at a Southern California high school on Thursday morning, officials said. About an hour and a half after the shooting was reported at about 8 a.m. at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, sources said the suspect was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The Los Angeles County sheriff’s department earlier said the suspect was an Asian male wearing black clothing who was last seen at the high school.


ABC News reports:

A shooting was reported Thursday morning at a high school in Santa Clarita near Los Angeles, where multiple people are believed to be injured, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Deputies have swarmed the scene at Saugus High School, about 35 miles north of downtown Los Angeles, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said.

Students were led single file through the campus by armed officers. Multiple ambulances were spotted at the scene as worried parents jammed the streets.

Stay tuned…developing story.

Florida: Officer At Parkland Shooting Stood Outside Instead Of Confronting Shooter

Nikolas Cruz

The NRA and Donald Trump have been touting that a trained professional with a gun could have stopped Nikolas Cruz from killing 17 people at the tragic gun massacre at a Parkland, Florida, high school last week.

Except – there was a trained professional with a gun onsite at the shooting.

The good guy with a gun never went in.

From The Wall Street Journal:

The sheriff’s deputy who was assigned to the Florida school where a gunman killed 17 people last week has left the force after evidence showed he stood outside the building where the shooting occurred rather than going in, Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

“He never went in,” Sheriff Israel said, describing video footage of the scene he had watched.

Asked what school resource officer Scott Peterson should have done, the sheriff said he should have gone into the building, “addressed the killer, killed the killer.”

Mr. Peterson resigned after Sheriff Israel suspended him without pay pending an internal investigation, the sheriff said, speaking at a news conference.

FBI Admits Failing To Follow Up January Tip On Florida School Shooter Nikolas Cruz

FBI Director Christopher Wray

The FBI has issued a statement via press release which admits that, due to a break in protocol, a tip from a person “close to Nikolas Cruz” (who shot and killed 17 people at a high school in Florida this week) was not followed up which might have led to early intervention with Cruz.

On January 5, 2018, a person close to Nikolas Cruz contacted the FBI’s Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to report concerns about him. The caller provided information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting.

Under established protocols, the information provided by the caller should have been assessed as a potential threat to life. The information then should have been forwarded to the FBI Miami Field Office, where appropriate investigative steps would have been taken.

We have determined that these protocols were not followed for the information received by the PAL on January 5. The information was not provided to the Miami Field Office, and no further investigation was conducted at that time.

FBI Director Christopher Wray said: “We are still investigating the facts. I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public. It’s up to all Americans to be vigilant, and when members of the public contact us with concerns, we must act properly and quickly.

“We have spoken with victims and families, and deeply regret the additional pain this causes all those affected by this horrific tragedy. All of the men and women of the FBI are dedicated to keeping the American people safe, and are relentlessly committed to improving all that we do and how we do it.”

Update On Florida High School Shooting

Accused Florida shooter Nikolas Cruz

The latest news regarding yesterday’s hideous gun massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, which left 17 dead.

That death toll could rise.

• The shooter, identified as 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

• According to Dr. Evan Boyer, Broward Health North received a total of nine patients, including the suspect who was treated and released to authorities. Two patients died, three have been discharged, while another three remain in the hospital.

• Doctor Menendez of Broward Health Emergency told reporters that out of the seven patients they received, two remain in critical but stable condition and the other five have been a released.

• Gov. Rick Scott of Florida told the press he plans to meet with state lawmakers to secure more funding for school safety and the treatment of mental illness. “If we have somebody that’s mentally ill, they can’t have access to a gun,” Mr. Scott said.

• A leader of a white nationalist group has confirmed Cruz was member of his organization and participated in organized drills. #VeryFinePeople

Nothing I can say about these tragedies can express the sheer pain and frustration as the words of this mother can:

And then there’s this:

Former FBI Agent Has Had Enough Of The Mass School Shootings

Just when you think we might grow immune to these mass shootings (like the GOP has), today we saw a tough, experienced former FBI agent break down in tears over today’s shooting in Florida.

Philip Mudd is about as tough as you can get. He’s interviewed terrorists without blinking.

“I have ten nieces and nephews,” Mudd said. “We’re talking about bump stocks, we’re talking about legislation. A child of god is dead. Can we not acknowledge in this country that we cannot accept this?”

“I can’t do it, Wolf,” he told CNN’s Wolff Blitzer. “I’m sorry, I can’t do it.” Blitzer mercifully moved on to another analyst.

I’ve never seen him get emotional in any way when explaining the whys and wherefores of terrorist events.

This is rough. America has had enough.

Thanks for the prayers and condolences, but can our lawmakers do SOMETHING?

(h/t JoeMyGod)