Conservatives be screaming about drag queens reading from story books to kids in a library, but this failed South Dakota house candidate is out and about getting charged with second-degree rape. Worry about him, kids… Continue reading “South Dakota GOP Candidate Charged With Rape”
Some news items you might have missed:
• Outsports: Nico Young, a cross-country and track and field champion athlete at Northern Arizona University, has come out publicly as gay. Continue reading “Track Star Nico Young Comes Out + More News”
Cincinnati.com reports that three days after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an obstetrician-gynecologist in Indianapolis, received a call from a colleague in Ohio. The physician in the Buckeye state had a 10-year-old patient who was six weeks and three days pregnant. Continue reading “10-Year-Old Ohio Rape Victim Travels To Indiana For Help”
A pastor in the Bronx told husbands in a November 13 sermon, “The best person to rape is your wife.” Continue reading ““The Best Person To Rape Is Your Wife” Says Bronx Pastor”
Some news stories you might have missed:
• Metroweekly: California’s state legislature unanimously passed a bill making it illegal to remove a condom during sex without consent. California would become the first state to make “stealthing” illegal if Governor Gavin Newsom signs the bill into law by Oct. 10. Continue reading “News Round-Up: September 24, 2021”
Some news items you might have missed:
• Caprio Media Design: Brody (above) likes to stand guard while my hubby Michael works. Of course, ON the desk isn’t quite the optimal spot for Michael, but no one asked him.
• ABC4 News: A Salt Lake City man reportedly violently raped and assaulted a lesbian woman and told her that he was going to “fix the gay,” according to police.
• Yorkshire Live: A father stabbed his own two sons during a Boxing Day argument when they called him out for transphobic and homophobic slurs. One of the sons had to spend three nights in the hospital because the knife almost perforated his bowel and another had a stab wound near his heart.
• New York Times: In the final weeks of Donald Trump’s term, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) privately asked the White House for blanket pre-emptive pardons for himself and unidentified congressional allies for any crimes they may have committed. At that time, he was being investigated as to whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old that violated sex trafficking laws.
NEW: In the final weeks of the Trump administration, Matt Gaetz, who is under federal investigation for sex trafficking a minor, sought blanket pardons from the Trump White House for himself and congressional allies. w/@maggieNYT @npfandos https://t.co/V1Mrh3gy3q
— Michael S. Schmidt (@nytmike) April 6, 2021
• People: A man from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was arrested at Walt Disney World in February for refusing to undergo a simple temperature check. As he was being arrested he announced to the officer, “I spent $15,000 to come here!” As if that would absolve him from dodging the rules…
• Forbes: Donald Trump’s fortune fell by nearly a third, from $3.5 billion to $2.4 billion, during his time in the White House. Had he divested himself of everything on Day 1, paid the capital-gains taxes on the sales, and put the proceeds into a conflict-free fund tracking the S&P 500, Trump would have ended his presidency an estimated $1.6 billion richer than he is today.
• Gr8erDays: Billy Dee Williams is the nostalgia site’s ‘Mantique of the day’ as the big screen star celebrates his 84th birthday. He made his Broadway debut at the age of 7 in 1945!
I recently reported on Britain’s “most prolific rapist,” Reynhard Sinaga, who was sentenced to life in prison for drugging and raping nearly 200 men.
Videos found on two cell phones revealed the 36-year-old Ph.D. student had picked up primarily straight men outside nightclubs, offered them drinks spiked with date rape drug GHB police suspect, and then sexually assaulted the comatose men.
Most of his victims had no idea they’d been raped until authorities showed them the video evidence.
While Sinaga won’t be drugging any more victims as he spends the rest of his life in prison, it seems his crimes will continue to reverberate and affect even more people.
Citing the media attention focused on Sinaga, the mayor of his hometown in Indonesia has called for a new wave of harassment against LGBTQ people.
The Telegraph reports Mayor Mohammad Idris of Depok in West Java asked his city’s Health, Social Affairs, and Child Protection Agencies to make extra efforts to stop the “spread of LGBT…in order to protect the children.”
He also asked agencies to increase raids in rooming houses and apartments with the goal of persecuting queer people who are quietly living their lives behind closed doors.
News of the raids prompted outrage from human rights groups including Amnesty International, who issued a statement blasting the “vicious campaign of harassment of LGBTI people” in Indonesia.
Usman Hamid, Amnesty International Indonesia’s Executive Director, said: “This latest vicious campaign against LGBTI people must stop. “Same-sex relations are protected under international law and there can be no justification for these hateful raids.”
Homosexuality isn’t illegal in Indonesia, except for the province of Aceh, but crackdowns on LGBTQ people have worsened in recent years.
Following the 2017 public humiliation of 141 men arrested in a gay sauna in Jakarta, the government launched an anti-LGBTQ police force, banned all “effeminate men” and men dressing in drag on TV, and in the Aced province raided five beauty salons and arrested 12 transgender women and shaved their heads to “make them men” in 2018.
In this week’s podcast:
• A Grindr hookup in Michigan on Christmas Eve goes horribly wrong
• Britain’s most prolific rapist is sentenced to life in prison
• Grammy winner Sam Smith posts an inspiring shirtless photo on Instagram
• A transgender actress gets the lead in the upcoming reboot of ‘Saved By The Bell’
• Recapping this year’s Golden Globe Awards
All that and more in this episode of The Randy Report
Reynard Sinaga, 36, has been sentenced to life in prison after being found guilty of raping 48 men in Manchester, England.
The Guardian reports Sinaga may have sexually assaulted at least 190 men during a two-and-a-half-year period.
According to police reports, Sinaga would target young men in the early hours of the morning outside nightclubs in Manchester. Pretending to be a ‘Good Samaritan,’ he would offer them more alcohol or a place to charge a phone, wait for a taxi or sleep off their buzz at his home.
Once there, he would drug them (police believe he used GHB) and then record himself raping the men as they slept. Most of his victims were white, heterosexual men whose average age was 21.
His crimes included 136 counts of rape, eight counts of attempted rape, 134 counts of sexual assaults, and two counts of assault by penetration.
Sinaga’s crime spree only became known to the authorities when one of his victims woke up during the assault in June 2017. The young man fought Sinaga off then reported the incident to the police.
Authorities say they found video and photographic evidence of at least 136 rapes on two cell phones.
From the video recordings, police were able to identify most of the victims. Once contacted, many had no idea they had been violated while under the effects of the drug. Police also found Sinaga would often keep ‘trophies’ from his attacks including watches, IDs and cell phones.
Sinaga was sentenced on Monday to life in prison with no chance of parole for at least 30 years.
But there’s more.
Today’s news ends a two-year media blackout during which Sinaga had already been convicted of similar charges in two earlier trials relating to 25 other victims. For those crimes, he is already serving 88 concurrent life sentences with no chance of parole for 20 years.
Britain’s laws require strict media blackouts in such cases while the trials are ongoing.
During his trials, Sinaga claimed all of the assaults were consensual and his victims were ‘acting out a sexual fantasy.’
But prosecutors called the defense “ludicrous.” The Guardian reports many of the men could be heard snoring in the video recordings of their assault shown throughout the trial.
Many of his victims came forward to explain the deep psychological consequences they suffered due to the attacks. The effects ranged from anger and anxiety to thoughts of suicide.
“I have never been in such a bad place in my life and I don’t know how to get out of it,” said one victim. “I was diagnosed with severe depression and put on anti-depressants. I also started counseling.”
Said another: “The perpetrator has taken a part of me that I will never get back, and deserves the largest sentence possible.”
“It changed my life forever,” a third told the court.
Juries were shown text messages Sinaga had sent to friends during the crime spree often boasting about his conquests. He wrote of one victim: “He was straight in 2014. 2015 is his breakthrough to the gay world hahaha.”
Sinaga was found guilty on every charge brought against him.
As Judge Suzanne Goddard QC described him as a “dangerous, deeply disturbed and perverted individual with no sense of reality” during sentencing, Sinaga reportedly yawned and played with his hair.
After sentencing, Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor Ian Rushton called Sinaga “the most prolific rapist in British legal history.”
Sinaga arrived in Britain in 2007 from his native Indonesia on a student visa. He received two degrees from the University of Manchester and was studying for a Ph.D. at the University of Leeds when police finally arrested him.