Colorado Man Cuts Himself With Own Knife, Blames Black Man Saying His “Neo-Nazi” Haircut Caused Alleged Attack

Joshua Lee Witt of Sheridan, Colorado, has been arrested and charged with falsely reporting a crime after claiming he’d been stabbed by a black man over his “neo-Nazi” haircut.

The 26-year-old faces up to a year in jail and a $2,650 fine if convicted.

From the Denver ABC affiliate:

At the time, Witt told officers a black man in his 20s came up to him outside the restaurant and asked, “Are you one of them neo-Nazis?” and tried to stab him. Witt said he had gotten a defensive wound while trying to stop the stabbing, and posted pictures of his bloody hand to Facebook. He said the man ran off afterward.

Witt, who has a haircut similar to the way some on the “alt-right” have been wearing theirs lately, claimed his haircut may have been the cause for the alleged attack.

But police weren’t convinced, and reviewed surveillance video in the area, and never saw a black man running from the scene. They also discovered that a transient man matching the description lived nearby. They interviewed him and discovered he wasn’t involved.

Police then reviewed more surveillance video—this time from a nearby sporting goods store.

That video showed Witt had bought a small knife from the store just minutes before the attack.

Last Thursday, Sheridan police confronted Witt with the new information, and Witt admitted he’d accidentally cut himself with the knife inside his car, then made up the story about the attack.

(h/t JoeMyGod)

2016 – Mexico Will Pay For ‘The Wall;’ 2017 – If Congress Doesn’t Pay For ‘The Wall’ We Shut Down Federal Government

Do I really need to add anything? This isn’t “fake news.”

For over a year, Trump told his followers “Mexico will pay for The Wall.” Here’s the video where he said these very things.

Now, he’s threatening to shut down the federal government if Congress doesn’t write a check to pay for The Wall.

Folks, he lied to you. You were duped.

Period.

The end.

Trump Rewrites History Regarding His Comments On Charlottesville

Donald Trump repeatedly went off-script at his rally last night in Phoenix as he railed against the “dishonest” media. He also rewrote history a bit along the way as he recounted his comments on the violent events in Charlottesville last week.

Via the New York Times:

President Trump, stung by days of criticism that he sowed racial division in the United States after deadly clashes in Charlottesville, Va., accused the news media on Tuesday of misrepresenting what he insisted was his prompt, unequivocal condemnation of bigotry and hatred.

After declaring, “What happened in Charlottesville strikes at the core of America,” Mr. Trump delivered a lengthy, aggrieved defense of his statements after the Aug. 12 violence that left one woman dead and the nation reeling at the images of swastikas in Thomas Jefferson’s hometown.

Notably, he omitted blaming “both sides” for the violence as he had on Aug. 15. Those remarks had prompted intense criticism, including from fellow Republican leaders, for seeming to equate the hate groups and the protesters who turned out to oppose them.

Removing his earlier statements about the Charlottesville violence from his jacket pocket, Mr. Trump on Tuesday glibly ticked off a list of racist groups that he had been urged to explicitly denounce, and ultimately did two days after the clashes. But he said the news media quoted him selectively, accused him of responding too late and ignored his message of unity.

“I hit ’em with neo-Nazi. I hit them with everything. I got the white supremacists, the neo-Nazi. I got them all in there. Let’s see. K.K.K., we have K.K.K.,” Mr. Trump said sardonically of his rebuke to Charlottesville racists, after being faulted for failing to condemn those groups in his initial response on the day of the clashes.

You can watch side-by-side comparisons of Trump’s original comments on Charlottesville versus his edited version he shared in Phoenix below:

Trump Prepares To Meet Russian President Putin For The First (?) Time

As America celebrates the 4th of July, President Trump is preparing to sit down with his good buddy, Russian President Vladimir Putin at the G20 summit.

Or is it “complete stranger” President Putin? It all gets so confusing keeping the lies straight.

Trump’s Lawyers: Trump Never Asked For “Loyalty,” Never Asked Comey To “Let Flynn Go”

President Trump’s personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, issued a statement pushing back on some of James Comey’s testimony earlier today.

Axios points to these excerpts:

“The President never… directed or suggested that Mr. Comey stop investigating anyone, including suggesting that Mr. Comey ‘let Flynn go.’ As he publicly stated the next day, he did say to Mr. Comey, ‘General Flynn is a good guy, he has been through a lot’ and also ‘asked how is General Flynn is doing.'”

“The President also never told Mr. Comey, ‘I need loyalty, I expect loyalty” in form or substance.'”

“It is overwhelmingly clear that there have been and continue to be those in government who are actively attempting to undermine this administration with selective and illegal leaks of classified information and privileged communications. Mr. Comey has now admitted that he is one of these leakers.”

“We will leave it [to] the appropriate authorities to determine whether [these Comey] leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated.”

Additionally, Kasowitz said yesterday upon the release of Comey’s 7 pages of testimony that Trump feels “totally vindicated.”

Kasowitz also claimed that Comey’s releasing details of his conversations with President Trump violated executive privilege and that it constituted a “leak.”

John Dean called that “baloney.”

Trump Denies Collusion On His Part, More Nuanced Regarding His Campaign

Standing next to Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón at a joint press conference today, President Donald Trump categorically denied there was any collusion between him and Russia during the 2016 election cycle.

Collusion between his campaign staff and Russia? He was a little more nuanced on that.

Additionally, when asked point-blank if he had ever requested former FBI Director Jim Comey to “close or back down” on the FBI investigation into former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn, Trump abruptly declared, “No. No. Next question.”

Trump Wall 2.0 – Mexico Will “Eventually” Pay For Wall “In Some Form”

Donald Trump repeated over and over and over during the campaign that he would build a “big, beautiful wall” on the US/Mexico border, and Mexico would pay for it.

Welcome now to Trump Wall 2.0 where, according to a presidential tweet this morning, Mexico will “eventually” pay for the wall “in some form.”

Got it?

#liar

CNN’s Chris Cuomo To Trump Spokesman: “Do You Have Any Proof Of An Audit?”

In a tense interview segment with CNN’s Chris Cuomo and Trump spokesman Jason Miller, Cuomo asked Miller if he could prove Donald Trump is actually being audited by the IRS.

As we’ve all seen for the past year, Trump says he can’t release his tax returns, as every other presidential candidate has done for 40 years, because he’s being audited by the IRS. The IRS has said there’s no problem with sharing those files.

Most believe that Trump is merely attempting to hide something – his true wealth, his true charitable giving, or his true tax rate.

Here’s part of the exchange via RawStory:

Jason Miller, the Trump advisor, said he did not accept the FBI’s explanation that newly discovered emails were actually duplicates of Clinton messages already examined by investigators.

“No, don’t accept it — they should release all the emails, let us have a look before Election Day,” Miller said. “We think that would be the smart thing to do.”

Cuomo, the host of “New Day,” accused the Trump campaign of hypocrisy.

“You love transparency when it’s not you guys,” Cuomo said. “You don’t see any irony in that?”

Cuomo called on Trump to release his emails — which have not been hacked and then dumped online by WikiLeaks — or his tax records, and Miller said he would do that as soon as an IRS audit was completed.

“You think anybody believes the audit thing going to the polls tomorrow?” Cuomo said. “You have any proof of an audit?”

Miller stammered, and said of course Trump could prove his taxes were under audit.

“Yeah, you do?” Cuomo said. “Have you seen an audit letter?”

Miller tried to change the subject, but Cuomo pressed on.

“That is the fact, right?” Cuomo said. “Transparency only works one way in this election where Trump’s involved.”

Miller tried changing the subject to the Clinton Foundation, and Cuomo offered to demonstrate how easy an audit can be proved.

“I’ll show you an audit letter I got,” he said.

Rudy Giuliani Says Hillary Clinton Wasn’t Present On 9/11 – Photo Proves Otherwise

Donald Trump surrogate Rudy Giuliani told a campaign crowd today that he was on site at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, and he doesn’t remember seeing then Sen. Hillary Clinton at the site.

The full statement:

Don’t tell me if you said that that you remember September 11, 2001. I remember September 11, 2001. Yes, yes, you helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day. But I heard her say she was there that day. I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there. That was like when she said she had to run through gunfire. That turned out to be,, what do we call it? A lie.

But don’t tell me that you subscribe the notion that all of us who were with on September 11 and we’re lucky to be alive and have lost so many friends. I lost so many friends on September 11. I think about it every day. Don’t tell me you belong to our very, very tight group of “never forget.” Don’t tell me that.

Please note the picture above of her walking with him on 9/11.

These people say anything that crosses their minds as they address the crowds. And then the people go home and tell everyone this lie that they heard from Rudy Giuliani.

#LiarLiarPantsOnFire

Trump Surrogate Admits To Embellishing College And Military Experience

You’ll recall Pastor Mark Burns, who last week posted a controversial cartoon of Hillary Clinton in blackface. When asked about it, he backpedaled apologizing for the method but not the message.

Today, Burns in more hot water as it’s become apparent that he lied about some of his personal/professional accomplishments.

In an interview with CNN’s Victor Blackwell, he became combative and eventually walked off the set when asked about these embellishments.

From CNN:

South Carolina preacher Mark Burns, who regularly introduces Trump at his campaign events, had listed on his church’s website that he had a Bachelor of Science degree and served six years in the Army Reserve.

Burns, however, was never in the Army Reserve. He was in the South Carolina National Guard, from which he was discharged in 2008, CNN found. As far as a Bachelor’s degree, North Greenville University told CNN he only attended the school for one semester. Burns admitted that he did not finish his degree when CNN asked him about it.

When CNN confronted Burns about the various professional and social exaggerations he had featured on his biography, Burns first said the page had “obviously” been either “manipulated or either hacked or added.”

Burns eventually took responsibility for the lies, but blamed his being “targeted” because he’s a black man who supports Donald Trump:

“As a young man starting my church in Greenville, South Carolina, I overstated several details of my biography because I was worried wouldn’t be taken seriously as a new pastor,” Burns said in a statement Friday, pre-butting the report. “This was wrong, I wasn’t truthful then and I have to take full responsibility for my actions. Since that time I should have taken steps to correct any misrepresentations of my background. We all make mistakes, and I hope that the measure of my character and the quality of my works speak for what kind of person I am.”

“I do also want to set the record straight about why this attack is happening — because I am a black man supporting Donald Trump for President,” he continued. “For too long, African-American votes have been taken for granted by Democratic politicians, and enough is enough Instead, I’m going to tell people that there is another option — an option that represents a position vision that will unify our country. That’s why I have and will continue to tirelessly support Mr. Trump.”

So, some may ask, why it this important? This is a pastor of a small church who’s a volunteer for the Trump campaign.

The issue here is that Donald Trump has campaigned on the idea that he will surround himself with “the best people.”

For months, Burns has acted as a campaign surrogate; he has introduced Trump at many campaign rallies; he spoke at Trump’s convention. He has represented the campaign.

Burns admitted to CNN that there was “no vetting” of him to participate in the campaign. No surveys, no background checks.

So, if Donald Trump is touting his ability to judge and select the people he will let represent him, what does his decision to let a man who misrepresented a lot of his accomplishments say about him if he were to become president?

(h/t JoeMyGod)