Donald Trump Wants CNN To Give Him $5 Million To Appear At Next GOP Debate

Donald Trump, currently falling in presidential polls, says he wants CNN to pony up $5 million in order for him to appear at the next GOP debate.

From the Washington Post:

Donald Trump has threatened to charge CNN $5 million for his appearance in the next Republican presidential debate, which the network will host on Dec. 15 in Las Vegas.

“How about we do this for CNN: I won’t do the debate unless they pay me five million dollars, all of which money goes to the wounded warriors or goes to vets?” Trump said Monday night to a crowd of about 5,500 at a rally in this central Georgia town, located about 85 miles south of Atlanta. “I would love to do that.”

No Endorsement For Donald Trump By Black Evangelical Leaders

Last week, Donald Trump’s campaign was thrilled to announce that The Donald was set to meet with over 100 black evangelical pastors at an event that would include their endorsement.

Well, scratch that. According to Darrell Scott, a pastor from Ohio who has helped arrange meetings between Trump and black pastors, there was a “miscommunication” about the nature of the meeting.

Read that: No endorsement.

Via the AP:

Many of those invited to the event say they had no intention of endorsing the billionaire businessman and former reality television star.

“It’s a miscommunication,” said Darrell Scott, the senior pastor of New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who has helped to arrange meetings between Trump and black pastors in recent months. Trump’s campaign “thought it was going to be a press conference for an endorsement when it wasn’t,” Scott said Sunday in an interview.

Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in an email that Trump would still be holding a private meeting with the group on Monday before departing for a rally in Georgia.

Trump has struggled to expand his support with African-American voters after missteps like saying a black protester at one of his rallies deserved to get roughed up. He also retweeted an internet meme with false statistics about the number of black on white killings in America.

Donald Trump Still Has No Proof “Thousands And Thousands” Cheered On 9/11

Donald Trump, currently falling in the polls for the GOP nomination (currently 3rd now in Iowa), refuses to acknowledge he has no proof to backup his claim that on 9/11 he saw “thousands and thousands” of Muslims in New Jersey cheering at the World Trade Center being attacked.

At least Chuck Todd tries here to get a real answer from Trump: “You’re running for President of the United States! Your words matter! Truthfulness matters! Fact-based stuff matters!”

Donald Trump Falls 12 Points In National Poll

The latest Reuters poll reveals GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump has dropped 12 points in less than a week, his largest single poll-to-poll drop since he took the primary lead in July.

Trump drew 31% of Republicans, but fell from 43% support registered on Nov. 22.

This follows Trump’s calls for added surveillance of mosques and a possible registry/database of U.S. Muslims – all of which caused comparisons to Nazi Germany’s registration of Jews.

Other results of the poll:

• Ben Carson 15%
• Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Marco Rubio 8%
• Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush 7%

(source)

Donald Trump Mocks Disabled Reporter, Denies Ever Meeting Him

Donald Trump has stepped in it yet again.

While defending his claim (thoroughly debunked by major media outlets) that “thousands and thousands” cheered at the fall of the World Trade Center on 9/11 over in New Jersey, Trump mocked a reporter – Serge Kovaleski – who now works for the New York Times.

The real estate mogul flailed his arms stiffly as he imitated Serge Kovaleski, a New York Times reporter who suffers from arthrogryposis, which limits joint movement.

Mr Kovaleski had provoked The Donald’s ire by disputing his claim to have witnessed “thousands” of Arab-Americans in New Jersey cheering as the World Trade Centre crumbled on 11 September 2001 – a long-discredited conspiracy theory, for which Mr Trump failed to present a scrap of evidence. “The sad part about it is, it didn’t in the slightest bit jar or surprise me that Donald Trump would do something this low-rent, given his track record,” Mr Kovaleski told The Washington Post.

As a reporter at the New York Daily News in the late 1980s and early ’90s, Kovaleski covered Trump’s business dealings, and met the the real estate magnate on several occasions.

Trump had been citing Kovaleski’s Washington Post article written in the aftermath of 9/11: “Law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.”

Trump’s original statement said that Trump himself witnessed seeing “thousands and thousands” cheering.

When asked about the article, Kovaleski said he doesn’t remember seeing actual people celebrating the attacks.  “We did a lot of shoe leather reporting in and around Jersey City and talked to a lot of residents and officials for the broader story. Much of that has, indeed, faded from memory … I do not recall anyone saying there were thousands, or even hundreds, of people celebrating. That was not the case, as best as I can remember.”

After much backlash for his comment, Trump issued this statement:

You can see Trump’s mocking Kovaleski below:

Donald Trump Finally Has An “Official” Anthem

Red, White, and You PAC, a Nashville-based group, has released a country song called “Vote for Trump,” which seems to provide Donald Trump with the “official” anthem he really deserves.

“Our hope in branding ourselves as a political action committee is to make our song appear to be a legitimate anthem in support of Trump,” Tom Maxwell, the song’s co-creator, said in an email.

“Red, White, and You PAC and our song “Vote For Trump” are satirical and were created with the purpose of drawing attention to the absurdity of Donald Trump’s candidacy,” Maxwell continued. 

“We haven’t raised any money and absolutely do not support Donald Trump for President of the United States.”

Take a listen below:

Donald Trump Implies Hillary Clinton Laughed During Benghazi Attack

Donald Trump posted a video today that implies that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “laughed” as the attacks on American diplomats were under attack in Benghazi.

From Talking Points Memo:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump posted a video to Instagram Monday that mocked Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s laugh, superimposing video of her chuckling over newspaper headlines about her emails and fiery images from the Benghazi attacks.

At one point, Trump’s video showed Clinton laughing during her recent 11-hour testimony before the House Benghazi committee over footage of the burning diplomatic compound. Trump captioned the video with, “Hillary, there is nothing to laugh about.”

Trump captioned the video “Hillary, there’s nothing to worry about.”

Donald Trump Demands Apology Over “Thousands Celebrating In NJ” On 9/11 Comment

Originally, Trump said there were “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating 9/11 over in New Jersey the day of the attack.

The image he tweets out says “law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people..?”

When does “a number of people” equal “thousands and thousands?”

Both Politifact and The Washington Post’s Fact Checker analyzed Trump’s claim. Politifact rated it “pants on fire” and The Washington Post gave it “four Pinocchios.”

Although, I know we shouldn’t get too nit-picky over details like the truth. As David Badash at New Civil Rights Movement notes, 74% of Trump’s comments reviewed by Politifact are found to be false.