• In anticipation of the upcoming Rocketman, chronicling the life of music superstar Elton John, the producers have released an official music video of the title song sung by film’s star, Taron Egerton. The musical fantasy biopic lands in US theaters May 31.
• Out producer/director Greg Berlanti (Love, Simon; Riverdale; Supergirl) says the most egregious example of anti-LGBTQ bias he’s seen in Hollywood was “gay executives and gay casting people who were the least likely to let me cast an actor they knew was gay in a straight part. These were the individuals who knew how important it would be.”
• Official ‘Summer Ambassador’ Joey Hornyak (above) says “Summer is closely coming to an end. The best way to max out the beautiful days that remain is to kick back pool-side with a Grey Goose cocktail in hand.” I ain’t mad… 😉
• After announcing a new category – “Outstanding Achievement in Popular Film” – the Academy for Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences has scrapped the idea, clearly meant to pander to a TV audience.
“I saw a couple of news articles about that, it’s ridiculous. I was like looking up some reporter we’re trying to hire today and punched in some number and porn popped up on my phone. Everybody has had porn pop-up on their phone hundreds of times,” Jones explained to a caller on Tuesday.
“I probably had porn menus pop up 500 times on my phone,” he added. “There’s two types of people: People who look at porn and people who lie about it. But I wasn’t looking at porn on my phone. I don’t take phones on air that I look at porn on.”
Donald Trump, who earlier this week took away former CIA Director John Brennan’s security clearance as punishment for speaking out against him, took to Twitter this morning to denounce (of all things) “censorship.”
Claiming “social media is totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices,” the Trumpster lamented that “Too many voices are being destroyed, some good & some bad.”
This probably has more to do with nutjob/InfoWars host Alex Jones being shut out of practically all social media for his continued baseless rantings.
Remember, Jones is the guy who claimed the Sandy Hook shooting was faked. He publicly called out to Trump to save him from being cut off of social media.
This looks like his request has been answered.
Note: Trump appears to have tweeted these missives right after Fox & Friends discussed the issue – more proof that Trump has never had an original thought in his life.
Social Media is totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices. Speaking loudly and clearly for the Trump Administration, we won’t let that happen. They are closing down the opinions of many people on the RIGHT, while at the same time doing nothing to others…….
…..Censorship is a very dangerous thing & absolutely impossible to police. If you are weeding out Fake News, there is nothing so Fake as CNN & MSNBC, & yet I do not ask that their sick behavior be removed. I get used to it and watch with a grain of salt, or don’t watch at all..
….Too many voices are being destroyed, some good & some bad, and that cannot be allowed to happen. Who is making the choices, because I can already tell you that too many mistakes are being made. Let everybody participate, good & bad, and we will all just have to figure it out!
This guy – Alex Jones – is a major player among conservative followers. THIS is what the far-right listens to.
And what’s sad is: this is just another day at the office for Alex Jones.
Here’s just a snack-size taste of his ramped-up crazy-town performance. This one rails at CNN contributor Brian Stelter.
“I pledge before my heavenly Father that I will resist them every way I can. These people are the literal demon spawn of the pit of hell – look at him. He runs your kids, he runs the schools, he runs the banks – this guy. This spirit. This smiling, leering devil that thinks you can’t see what he is. He is your enemy, period, all the narcissistic devil-worshiping filth. I see you, enemy. I see you, enemy. Enemy! Enemy!”
• Info Wars nut Alex Jones says he secretly recorded his full pre-interview with Megyn Kelly, and has released it in an attempt to embarrass the former Fox News host. In the recording, she promises no “gotcha” questions and fawns over Jones saying she finds him “fascinating.” Jones says he also recorded the full four hour interview and will release that if he thinks Kelly’s upcoming Sunday night airing distorts his statements.
• President Trump has appointed his son’s wedding planner to run the Department of Housing Urban Development Region II, which includes New York. In case you’re wondering – no, she has absolutely no experience in housing, and according to reports she lied about having a law degree.
• Vice President Pence lawyers up as the current special counsel investigation widens it’s scope.
• Expect to hear Grammy®-nominated recording artist Audien and acclaimed DJ/producer 3LAU play their new collaboration, the haunting new single “Hot Water” this weekend at EDC 2017 in Las Vegas. Listen below.
• Wing-nut commentator Alex Jones says National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster’s bald head means he’s a “leather daddy” who looks like “he could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.” Homophobic much?
• The United States has denied visas to gay Chechen men who are trying to flee the country in light of the torture and murders of gays in the Russian country.
• Attorney General Jeff Sessions issued a surprising statement underlining the Justice Department’s commitment to prosecuting bias-related crimes against transgender individuals. Sessions has had a worrisome history when it comes to LGBT rights and protections.
• Jimmy Kimmel Live takes a cue from School House Rock to musically explain how truth, or the lack of it, works in today’s White House:
As a follow-up to yesterday’s threats to “beat the goddamn ass” of “fairy cocksucker” Rep. Adam Schiff, Info Wars’ Alex Jones ranted this video message declaring Trump will order a preemptive nuclear strike on China.
Jones said that China is using the Korean standoff to prepare for war against the U.S. and that President Trump tried to form an alliance with Russia in hopes of forestalling Chinese aggression.
And yet, Jones said, Democrats and Republicans alike are trying to undercut Trump, including California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff. Repeating his homophobic comments about Schiff, the “InfoWars” broadcaster said “scumbags” like Schiff are hurting the country: “You think having all those fairies and pansies over there with their little chicken necks running around attacking our president all day makes us look strong? It makes us look weak!”
“So if China keeps pushing,” he added, “the only option is full commitment to hit China preemptively. That’s the only way to survive this nuclear war and Trump knows it. And Russia has already been told they better stand down. The United States is preparing to nuke China so get ready assholes! All of you wanted it, you’re gonna get it!”
Doesn’t Alex Jones seem like a character from pro wrestling?
InfoWars nut Alex Jones apparently took 7 minutes this week to dissect and dismantle the serious controversy of “Pickle-Gate,” which began when Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was challenged – and succeeded – in opening a jar of pickles on Jimmy Kimmel’s show to prove she’s strong enough to be president.
But Alex isn’t buying it. Seven full minutes, including slow motion views of the pickle “can” Hillary opened, were taken to explore how on earth Hillary could achieve such an amazing feat of strength.
Like all good comedy, when you start based in reality then veer into absurdity, this gets pretty funny.