Some news items you might have missed:
• OUT: Here are ten upcoming LGBTQ-centered films set for release this fall/winter I’m definitely looking forward to.
• Queerty: It’s officially Pumpkin Spice Latte season, and the PSL gays are coming for your iced coffee.
With one more week left of summer, the pumpkin spice latte gays are coming for your iced coffee!
— Queerty (@Queerty) September 16, 2023
• Axios: How did embattled Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton manage to get acquitted on impeachment charges brought by his own party? Axios reports pro-Paxton forces paid social media influencers to threaten Texas state senators.
• Pink News: Dr Melissa McCollister, a professor of social work at Grand View University, Iowa and LGBTQ mother of a trans child, asked former Vice President Mike Pence to defend his record on LGBTQ rights at a town hall in Iowa. Pence dodged the question.
• Sports Illustrated: NFL quarterback (and infamous anti-vaxxer) Aaron Rodgers, nursing his Achilles tendon tear from his first game with the Jets, likes unorthodox healing methods. In a recent interview, he shared that the love-making noises from dolphins “is actually healing to the body.”
• AP News: InfoWars host Alex Jones owes $1.5 billion to the families of victims of the Sandy Hook mass shooting (and hasn’t paid a penny), but that’s not stopping him from spending over $93K a month on personal expenditures.
Bankrupt conspiracy theorist Alex Jones hasn't paid a dime of the nearly $1.5 billion he owes Sandy Hook families for claiming the school shooting was a hoax. Yet he's spending tens of thousands on himself — including $93,000 in July. https://t.co/Mowkeeyowa
— The Associated Press (@AP) September 14, 2023