Some news items you might have missed:
• The Hollywood Reporter: Pose star Angelica Ross is set to make her Broadway debut as “Roxie Hart” in Chicago this September. She is the first openly trans actress in the role, and among one of the first known trans actresses to star in a leading role in a Broadway musical.
• The Advocate: The mother of a family accused of beating a gay man so badly that he was blinded now says she and her family are the only victims.
• Kenneth-in-the-212: Cute guy makes an ad spot for pilot shirts.
• Pink News: A gay teen couple were senselessly pushed and punched after they they were seen hugging in a quiet suburban street in Sandy, Utah.
• CNN: Right-wing talk show host Alex Jones will have to pay the parents of a Sandy Hook shooting victim more than $4 million for defamation and emotional distress after Jones spent years telling viewers the deadly mass shooting had been staged and wasn’t real.
JUST IN: A jury finds Infowars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must pay $4 million in damages to a Sandy Hook victim’s parents for defamation, emotional distress https://t.co/2bEcddmeIU
— CNN (@CNN) August 4, 2022
• New York Times: Four current and former police officers in Louisville, Ky., who were involved in a fatal raid on the apartment of Breonna Taylor face federal charges accusing them of several crimes, including lying to obtain a warrant that was used to search her home.
• Dick Cheney Drags Trump: Former Vice President Dick Cheney made a powerful campaign ad for his daughter, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), saying “there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our Republic than Donald Trump.”
“In our nation’s 246 year history there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our Republic than Donald Trump.” Dick Cheney pic.twitter.com/erBPBNy8ah
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) August 4, 2022