Some news items you might have missed:
• BBC: Footballer Zander Murray says he has been “blown away” by the reaction to him becoming Scotland’s first senior male player to announce he is gay after he publicly came out last week.
• The Advocate: Fox News talking head Tucker Carlson says hospitals that provide gender-affirming care to transgender patients shouldn’t be surprised they are receiving threats. #assholery
Far-right Fox News pundit Tucker Carlson is adding fuel to the fire. https://t.co/98dJGoJorM
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) September 23, 2022
• NBC Washington: Students from nearly 100 schools across Virginia walked out in protest of Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s proposed restrictions on transgender students’ rights.
• Pink News: Mean Girls star Daniel Franzese isn’t sure how to feel about Brendan Fraser being cast in the upcoming film The Whale, and doesn’t understand film casting directors didn’t opt to choose a gay actor who fit the character a bit more.
Mean Girls’ Daniel Franzese on why he’s ‘conflicted’ over Brendan Fraser’s casting as fat, gay manhttps://t.co/5UCDcjjdOS
— PinkNews (@PinkNews) September 27, 2022
• Huffpost: Russian President Vladimir Putin has granted citizenship to former American intelligence contractor Edward Snowden, who fled prosecution after he revealed highly classified U.S. surveillance programs to capture communications and data from around the world.