Some news items you might have missed:
• Just to prove folks can be oh-so-sexy fully clothed, check out all of what med student Marco has going on underneath. Oh, yeah, and there’s that easy-on-the-eyes face. #woof
• The security guards who ejected fans waving rainbow flags at a concert by pop phenom Dua Lipa concert last week have been arrested for their actions.
• Out Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon is donating a pair of skates and the competition outfit he wore when he helped Team USA win a bronze medal at the 2018 games to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.
• Britain’s High Court has overturned pharmaceutical company Gilead Science’s patent extension on Truvada. This ruling could mean affordable, generic versions of the drug could be available in the UK by April 2019.
• Roseanne Barr says the upcoming Roseanne spinoff, The Connors, will kill off her character by having her die of opioid overdose as a ‘screw you’ to Trump supporters. However, in the recent season of the rebooted Roseanne, writers had laid the groundwork for her character to struggle with prescription pain killer addiction.
• Digital series After Forever won “Best Short Film Ensemble” at the L.A. Indie Film Festival this weekend.
• A Sesame Street writer admits he always considered and wrote the longtime characters Bert & Ernie as a “loving couple.”
The folks at Sesame Street did respond to the recent revelation by tweeting a statement about the “best friends” which read, in part, “Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.”
Please see our statement below regarding Bert and Ernie. pic.twitter.com/6r2j0XrKYu
— Sesame Workshop (@SesameWorkshop) September 18, 2018