Gus Kenworthy Engaged + LGBTQ Mags Round-Up + More

Gus Kenworthy and Andrew Rigby are engaged

Some news items I thought worth your time:

ExtraTV: Out Olympic medalist Gus Kenworthy is engaged after proposing to boyfriend Andrew Rigby in Spain. Congrats, guys!

Boy Culture: Matt Rettenmund revisits the 1990 neo-noir thriller “After Dark, My Sweet” starring the still-foxy Jason Patric.

Kenneth-in-the-212: Check out this week’s round-up of the latest LGBTQ (and adjacent) publications including the latest from Gay City News reporting on the possible return of gay bathhouses in NYC.

Gay City News

The Advocate: A new “code of practice” is now in effect across England, Scotland and Wales that says bathrooms, changing rooms and hospital wards designated for women or for men must exclude transgender men and women. No word yet on how the new rule will be enforced.

Queerty: What to watch? Check out the 2022 docuseries titled Colosseum, an eight-part look at gladiators – “the heavyweight champions of the Roman empire.” Available on HISTORY (formerly The History Channel). HISTORY, you have my attention…trailer below.

The Daily Beast: Trump’s failing Truth Social platform continues its downward spiral as daily active users have reportedly plummeted from 436,000 in July 2025 to only 261,000 one year later.

ABC News: Sen. Mitch McConnell issued a statement today saying he has been discharged from the rehabilitation center where he had been recovering after a fall and will continue to recover at home.

While his office has released two photographs of McConnell since his hospitalization, the Kentucky senator has not been seen in public.

Out Football Player Has Received ‘Nothing But Support’ + More News

Kennedy McDowell (image via Colorado State University)

Some news items you might have missed: • Outsports: Out defensive end Kennedy McDowell says he’s received nothing but support from his fellow Colorado State University football players since the publication of a national profile piece two weeks ago that included McDowell. Continue reading “Out Football Player Has Received ‘Nothing But Support’ + More News”

Slovakia Gay Bar Terrorist Inspired By Buffalo Shooter + More News

Juraj Krajcik (via Twitter)
Some news items of interest: • The Advocate: Police in Slovakia have recategorized the deadly shooting at a gay bar in Bratislava that left two dead as a terrorist attack. Investigators say the killer cited the Buffalo supermarket shooter as his inspiration for committing terrorist acts. Continue reading “Slovakia Gay Bar Terrorist Inspired By Buffalo Shooter + More News”

News Round-Up: July 7, 2022

A scene from Gladiators (screen cap)
Some news items you might have missed: • History Channel: The upcoming limited docuseries Colosseum, an eight-part look at gladiators, calls the ancient reality competitors “the heavyweight champions of the Roman empire.” And there’s eye-candy for days #NotForNothing Continue reading “News Round-Up: July 7, 2022”

British Embassy’s July 4th Playlist: “You’ll Be Back”

Jonathan Groff in Hamilton
Jonathan Groff in Hamilton (screen capture)
The British Embassy in Washington, D.C. had a bit of cheeky fun for Independence Day creating a Spotify playlist with one solitary song by the band Player: “Baby Come Back.” Continue reading “British Embassy’s July 4th Playlist: “You’ll Be Back””

News Round-Up: January 6, 2022

Zac Efron welcomed in the New Year with this quiet moment captured by photographer Jake Cloobeck

Catching up on some of the day’s headlines: • Instagram: Zac Efron celebrated the new year by sharing a shirtless thirst trap featuring the muscular Efron in a watery oasis. In 2021, the Baywatch actor picked up a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Daytime Program for his Netflix series “Down To Earth with Zac Efron.” He’s currently filming Season 2 of the docu-series. Continue reading “News Round-Up: January 6, 2022”

Andrew Lloyd Webber Says CINDERELLA Will Not Open

Andrew Lloyd Webber announced today his new musical 'Cinderella' will not open due to complications with COVID-19

Andrew Lloyd Webber announced today his new musical 'Cinderella' will not open due to complications with COVID-19 Andrew Lloyd Webber announced today that his latest stage musical, Cinderella, will not open due to a cast member testing positive for COVID-19. This past weekend, the production was forced to cancel both performances set to take place on July 17, 2021, due to “Covid related precautionary measures.” In his statement released today, Andrew Lloyd Webber shared, “Today, on this ‘Freedom Day’, I have been forced to take the heart-breaking decision not to open my Cinderella.” After mentioning rigorous testing utilized with the cast and crew, he (rather tastelessly) mentions that on Saturday “a member of our cast who has a cameo role” tested positive. Imagine how that makes that cast member feel – “It’s your fault and you don’t even have a big part!” The statement continued, “My sadness for our cast and crew, our loyal audience and the industry I have been fighting for is impossible to put into words.” On the show’s future, a spokesperson to BroadwayWorld: “It’s hard to see a route forward under the current rules, but we will do everything we can to come back.” Thinking best thoughts for the entire cast, crew, and creative team.