Some news items you might have missed:
• Outsports: A new reality TV show is in development that will feature gay flag football teams from across the country.
• AskGayBros: A thread on the sub-reddit asks for gay guys to share “the hardest lessons you had to learn in the dating world?” Some great responses were posted.
• LGBTQ Nation: As a child actor, Tommy Kirk starred in Disney projects like the classic film Old Yeller & The Mickey Mouse Club. But his work for Disney came to an end when he was outed as gay. Kirk passed away this week at the age of 79.
“Old Yeller” star Tommy Kirk passes. Disney fired him when he was outed as gay. / LGBTQ Nation https://t.co/eDsaxQjcOj
— Russ (@russfla) October 1, 2021
• The Advocate: Even though she barely eked out 1% of the vote in the recent California gubernatorial recall, Caitlyn Jenner told the ladies of The View she is “the poster child for change” in the Republican party.
• Roll Call: The House Judiciary Committee approved a bill to decriminalize and deschedule marijuana. The measure passed the chamber last year but stalled in the GOP-controlled Senate. Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer proposed a similar measure in July, sparking hopes the legislation would finally make it into law.
• New York Times: Portugal is among the world’s leaders in vaccinations, with roughly 86 percent of its population of 10.3 million fully vaccinated. About 98 percent of all of those eligible for vaccines — meaning anyone over 12 — have been fully vaccinated
Portugal is among the world’s leaders in vaccinations, with roughly 86% of its population fully inoculated.
Vice Adm. Henrique Gouveia e Melo, who turned the country’s vaccine campaign around, said there was a key to his success: Keep politics out of it.https://t.co/ZGFNBv7SRX
— The New York Times (@nytimes) October 1, 2021