The man who shot Lady Gaga’s dog walker and stole her French bull dogs last year has pleaded guilty to charges and been sentenced to 21 years in prison. Continue reading “Man Who Shot Lady Gaga’s Dog Walker Gets 21 Years In Prison”
There were some LGBTQ moments at the 2022 Grammy Awards last night that ran the gamut from inspiring to pure emotional uplift. Continue reading “My Favorite Moments From The 2022 Grammy Awards”
If you had tickets to see Adele in her now-postponed residency in Las Vegas, you have a new option to see the “Rolling In The Deep” singer (kinda sorta) – and its free! Continue reading “Las Vegas: ‘Legendary Divas’ Has An Offer For Adele Fans”
Speaking to Vogue Magazine about her role in the upcoming film, House of Gucci, international superstar and Oscar winner Lady Gaga shares that she wore a “bulletproof dress” when she sang the national anthem at President Joe Biden’s inauguration. Continue reading “Lady Gaga Wore A Bulletproof Dress To Biden’s Inauguration”
Legendary singer Tony Bennett and international pop star Lady Gaga release their highly anticipated collaborative album, Love For Sale today. Continue reading “New Music: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga ‘Love For Sale’”
Music legend Tony Bennett and pop superstar Lady Gaga team up again for the upcoming collaborative album, Love For Sale, to be released on October 1. In advance of the release, check out the first single and video from the collection, Cole Porter’s classic, “I Get A Kick Out Of You.” Continue reading “Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Swing Out On ‘I Get A Kick Out Of You’”
Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: The CBS News magazine 60 Minutes is being excoriated for a story on transgender health care because of its focus on people who regret transitioning. GLAAD called the report “shameful.”
• Marvel Studios: Check out the newly-released teaser trailer for The Eternals, the much-anticipated project for the Marvel Cinematic Universe which will, among other things, feature Marvel’s first openly gay super-hero. Brian Tyree Henry will play “Phastos” who is not only gay, but married with children. In theaters November 5.
• Texas Tribune: Texas lawmakers have approved a bill that will allow citizens to carry handguns without a license, background check, or training. A recent poll, however, shows a large majority (59%) don’t believe handguns should be allowed in public without a permit.
• Instinct Magazine: Lady Gaga’s iconic album Born This Way is celebrating its 10-year anniversary. To commemorate and recognize its cultural impact, the City of West Hollywood officially declared May 23 as “Born This Way Day.”
• Rasmussen Reports: The daily tracking poll from Rasmussen shows President Biden with 54% approval rating (43% disapproval rating). The firm is known for being a right-leaning outfit. Rasmussen regularly showed “the former guy’s” approval rating much higher than other polling firms.
• Instagram: Actor Elliot Page shared this photo today (impressive abs!) with the caption, “Trans bb’s first swim trunks #transjoy #transisbeautiful”
Some news items you might have missed:
• LGBTQ Nation: Lady Gaga (above) and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow were among the LGBTQ folks who scored Grammy Awards Sunday night. Check out the list of artists honored at the intimate (but live) event last night.
• The Advocate: A group of local merchants have proposed changing the name of Montreal’s historic Gay Village to simply “The Village” or “Montreal’s Village” in an effort to be more inclusive of the entire 2SLGBTQ community. The 2S stands for two spirit. Not all residents are on board with the proposed change, however.
• The Gaily Grind: A disgruntled Trump supporter, Michael Challans, is playing the victim after he was caught on tape shouting homophobic slurs at his gay neighbor for flying a flag on his front porch celebrating Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss. After yelling phrases like “faggot ass flag,” “f*cking fag” and “mother f*cking queer,” Challans told police he “has no problems with gay people.”
• HuffPost: Amazon announced plans last week to stop selling all books that frame transgender and other sexual identities as mental illness, a decision it reached after four Republican senators complained to CEO Jeff Bezos last month when the company pulled a single book on the subject from its virtual shelves.
• Outsports: Conor McDermott-Mostowy just won 2 US Championships in speed skating. Now he’s coming out as gay.
View this post on Instagram