A few things to check out as we head into the weekend:
• Out Music: The new album Place & Time is shining a spotlight on women, queer POC, theys, enbys and trans folk.
“We are here too,” says out lesbian EllaRose Chary, “and like everyone else, we experience a range of feelings and circumstances that aren’t all centered on our trauma or our otherness.”
• The Town Hall: Don’t miss a free encore presentation of this fascinating chat between Stephen Sondheim and writer/director James Lapine (available through December 24). Special guests include Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters.
• Kenneth-in-the-212: Make sure you check out Kenneth’s weekly round-up of the what’s what in LGBTQ publications like DJ Alex Lo covering WireMag.
• The Advocate: A former middle school principal in Minnesota says she was removed from her position for including an LGBTQ+ Pride flag in a display of over 30 flags. And now she’s suing the school district.
• Business Insider: Companies are pocketing their fattest profits in more than 70 years, even as they complain about inflation.
• NewNowNext: Colton Underwood sits down for a poolside tell-all interview on Logo Live With Johnny Sibilly in advance of the premiere of his Netflix reality series Coming Out Colton.