• Who’s ready for Pride Month?
• Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who famously did not allow a debate on the SCOTUS nomination of Merrick Garland for nearly a year, told a crowd in Kentucky on Tuesday that if a Supreme Court vacancy came up during the 2020 presidential campaign, “We’d fill it.” Totally different thing when the nomination is from your party, huh?
• Even the legal pundits at Fox News think Robert Mueller’s statement that he didn’t charge Donald Trump with obstruction of justice “because he’s the president” was damning for Trump:
Fox judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano: "Effectively, what Bob Mueller said is, we had evidence that [Trump] committed a crime, but we couldn't charge him because he's the President … This is even stronger than the language in his report. This is also a parting shot" at Barr. pic.twitter.com/ZbOs5e2JJR
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) May 29, 2019
• Louisiana lawmakers passed an abortion ban on a 79 – 23 vote Wednesday that would prohibit women from terminating a pregnancy once a fetal heartbeat has been detected. Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards [photo] has indicated that he would break with his party and sign the ban if it crosses his desk.
• The non-partisan Congressional Research Service reports the sweeping tax law Republicans enacted in late 2017 is definitely not paying for itself, and has not significantly boosted the economy or increased wages.