Some news items you might have missed:
• InstaHunks: I love fitness guy Bremen Menelli’s (above) caption for this – “You have to know how to do both.”
• US News & World Report: A new study shows lesbian, gay, and bisexual members in the U.S. military are at higher risk for sexual harassment, sexual assault, and stalking. Researchers say that sexual victimization can trigger mental health problems such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance use, and suicidal behavior.
• The Advocate: An arrest has been made in the case of a gay man killed over 30 years ago. Police in the Australian state of New South Wales have charged a 49-year-old man with the murder of Scott Johnson, an American living in Sydney who was 27 at the time he died on December 8, 1988.
• NBC News: An unreleased White House report shows coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas and smaller communities across the country. The 10 top areas, recording surges of 72.4 percent or more over a seven-day period, include Nashville, Tennessee; Des Moines, Iowa; Amarillo, Texas; and — with a 650 percent increase — Central City, Kentucky.
• Politico: Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) is reportedly emerging as a front-runner to become former Vice President Joe Biden’s running mate in the 2020 presidential election. Major Biden supporters see her as the best fit, although Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) is a leading contender, too.
• NY Post: More insiders come forward to say Ellen DeGeneres isn’t all that nice. One former associate producer says one day, when she couldn’t find her eyeglasses and was unable to read a text on her phone, she called Apple CEO Steve Jobs in front of staff to complain iPhones should have “a bigger font.” Because she could.
• Talking Points Memo: Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman has been hospitalized due to the coronavirus. Russia has reported more than 232,000 confirmed coronavirus cases as of Tuesday.
• InstaHunks II: As I close this post, how about a quick peek down in Brazil? Tourism professional Kiko Riaze is pensive pondering quarantine life. Nice view, right? #YouKnowWhatIMean