Some news items you might have missed:
• The Advocate: Budapest Pride (top image) attracted the highest number of attendees in the event’s 26 year history even as the Hungarian government continues its crackdown on LGBTQ citizens.
• NBC News: The United States served notice Monday that it will keep existing COVID-19 travel restrictions on international travel in place for now due to concerns about the surging infection rate because of the delta variant.
• AP News: France’s parliament approved a law early Monday requiring special virus passes for all restaurants and domestic travel and mandating vaccinations for all health workers.
— Dan Nowicki (@dannowicki) July 25, 2021
• Politico: During an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) blamed ‘myths’ for vaccine resistance. “I don’t know if I underestimated it, but, certainly, the resistance has hardened in certain elements, and is simply false information.”
• Wall Street Journal: The House’s select committee probing the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by supporters of former President Donald Trump won’t hesitate to subpoena members of Congress or Trump himself and will try to enforce the subpoenas in court if necessary, said the panel’s chairman.