Some news items you might have missed:
• AskGayBros: A redditor shared he was in a park recently with his arm around his boyfriend. A woman freaked out and tried to shame the man saying, “There’s KIDS around!” After sharing his anxiety, other redditors chimed in with their advice.
• Queerty: A library in Iowa has been forced to close its doors thanks to anti-LGBTQ bullies angry that members of the staff were LGBTQ. Among the employees lost to intolerance is former director Renee Greenlee, a nationally recognized and beloved librarian, who received the I Love my Librarian award from the American Library Association.
• LGBTQ Nation: Piers Morgan and Franklin Graham got into a twisted, crunchy discussion about queer people and the Bible.
• APNews: Losing GOP candidates are taking a page from Trump’s playbook and calling “voter fraud” on their losses even when they weren’t close to winning.
• Mediaite: A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows red-state Donald Trump voters are now more likely to say they’d be personally “better off” (33%) than “worse off” (29%) if their state seceded from the U.S. and “became an independent country.” Ironically, many of these red states rely greatly on federal subsidies that are funded by blue states like New York and California.
Most of these red states could not feed themselves without federal subsidies, which are overwhelmingly paid by blue states.
Starving for cosplay is an odd flex. https://t.co/VHpG0SzBPs
— Brett Pransky (@BrettPransky) July 16, 2022