Some news stories you might have missed:
• The Advocate: France has lifted its homophobic ban on queer men giving blood. The regulation has been in place since the early days of the HIV epidemic.
France’s Health Minister Olivier Véra announced that references to sexual orientation will be removed from blood donation questionnaires, putting "an end to an inequality that was no longer justified." https://t.co/eECDpSyNtS
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) January 12, 2022
• Forbes: A new study indicates cannabis could prevent the coronavirus from entering cells and causing infection.
• Gr8erDays: Pop legend Ronnie Spector of the famed girl group the Ronettes has died at the age of 78 after a brief battle with cancer.
• Axios: Democratic lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require the federal government to provide universal free COVID-19 testing and provide three N95 masks to every American.
• OUT: More straight actors got Screen Actors Guild Award nominations for playing gay than queer actors.
How was Kristen Stewart not nominated at all? https://t.co/83zENu5HWI
— Out Magazine (@outmagazine) January 12, 2022
• Insider: Quebec’s Premier François Legault announced on Tuesday that the province plans to tax people who are unvaccinated against COVID-19 for non-medical reasons.
• The Wrap: CNN’s Jim Acosta on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson pushing Viagra as a faux COVID treatment: “I suppose some people will justify those prescriptions with just about anything.”
Jim Acosta Ribs Tucker Carlson About His Claim That Viagra Is Treatment for COVID-19 (Video) https://t.co/66Cc4DLJMZ
— TheWrap (@TheWrap) January 10, 2022