Some news items you might have missed:
• Queerty: Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres just got more bad news: a former assistant on DeGeneres’ talk show will release a tell-all novel based on their experiences on the series. The title: The Devil Wears Cowgirl.
Ellen DeGeneres keeps getting more bad news – More at: https://t.co/UaCQaHfr9I
— Queerty (@Queerty) December 14, 2021
• The Advocate: A new study from the Trevor Project has found that gender-affirming hormone therapy is significantly linked to lower rates of depression, suicidal thoughts, and suicide attempts among transgender and nonbinary youth.
• NBC News: Kristen Hayden, 23, has become the 1st Black woman to win a national diving title. She and Mike Wright are the only Black divers to win U.S. national titles.
— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 14, 2021
• HuffPost: A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit by Donald Trump to prevent the release of his tax returns to Congress. #SoMuchWinning
• ET Online: Former General Hospital actor Ingo Rademacher is suing ABC over the network’s vaccine mandate. He argues that the company’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate is unconstitutional and amounts to religious discrimination.
— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) December 14, 2021
• New York Times: Former Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has been ordered to turn over $5.1 million in profits from his coronavirus pandemic memoir. An ethics board ruled Cuomo received authorization for the book under false pretenses.
• Good Morning America: Check out the cast of the highly-acclaimed Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim’s Company performing the title number.