Catching up on the day’s headlines:
• Human Rights Campaign: A new report based on the United States Census Bureau’s Household Pulse Survey said 8% of respondents identified as LGBTQ. Another 2% said their sexual orientation is something other than gay, lesbian, bisexual, or straight.
• News.com.au: Josh Hartnett says he and Joaquin Phoenix were originally lined up to star in Brokeback Mountain, but scheduling conflicts nixed that plan. “I’ve always wanted to kiss Joaquin, so that’s my biggest regret.”
Josh Hartnett reveals he was cast in Brokeback Mountain alongside Joaquin Phoenix but had to drop out due to contractual obligations.
“I’ve always wanted to kiss Joaquin. So that’s my biggest regret.” pic.twitter.com/7nMUrSL4Wf
— Film Updates (@FilmUpdates) December 11, 2021
• Pink News: Dozens of criminal cases have been thrown out over Torrance Police Department officers’ racist and homophobic texts.
• AP News: Former Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin appears to be on the verge of pleading guilty to violating George Floyd ’s civil rights.
• York Dispatch: A man who won a court battle to be treated with a controversial medication not approved for COVID-19 has died.
BREAKING: Keith Smith died Sunday night, his wife told The York Dispatch. His battle with COVID-19 became the subject of a court battle over ivermectin. https://t.co/nE2uvCl1Q0
— Wallace McKelvey (@wjmckelvey) December 13, 2021
• Boy Culture: Christian Walker — the flamboyant son of former football star and now Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker — released a video mocking people for not being able to afford the nice things he can afford. Which he can only afford because his daddy is stupid-rich.
After getting dragged for blaming Biden for gas prices while wearing a $1,200 shirt, GA Senate candidate Herschel Walker’s son Christian puts out a video trying to mock Democrats. This is going to be an interesting campaign. pic.twitter.com/T5lfFAfNAe
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) December 13, 2021