Some news stories you might have missed:
• Washington Blade: President Joe Biden on Monday condemned Uganda’s Anti-Homosexuality Act that the country’s president has signed. Biden says he has directed the National Security Council to evaluate the implications of the law on all aspects of U.S. engagement with Uganda.
• Media Matters: Far-right nutjob Candace Owens foaming at the mouth over Target having Pride merchandise: “Do not shop at Target or else you’re gay and you’re a pervert.”
• New York Daily News: Although anyone born in the U.S. is guaranteed citizenship by the 14th Amendment, Donald Trump has announced he would end birthright citizenship as a priority if he wins a second term in the White House.
• AP News: Many January 6 rioters have raised $$$ for “legal fees” through crowdfunding campaigns. But the Justice Department is now going after some of those who actually didn’t have legal bills because they used a public defender – thus, no legal fees.
I hope prosecutors are unsuccessful. The vast majority of prosecutions were a miscarriage of justice and politically motivated.
— StopWokeCulture 🇺🇸 (@MkayUokay) May 28, 2023
• New York Times: Rosalynn Carter, wife of former President Jimmy Carter and a longtime advocate for greater access to mental health care, has dementia, according to the family.
• LGBTQ Nation: Jared Michael Boyce was arrested last summer as a member of the white nationalist anti-LGBTQ+ organization Patriot Front attempting to riot a Pride event calling gays pedophiles and accusing them of “grooming children.”
He’s just pleaded guilty to possessing images that include “children from toddlers to prepubescents performing sexual acts” and also minors “exposing their genitals,” according to court documents.
— LGBTQ Nation (@lgbtqnation) May 30, 2023