Some news items you might have missed:
• The Queer Review: Studio One in West Hollywood, one of the first gay discos, operated from 1974-1993 and proved to be an oasis for so many at a time when the world treated the community like second class citizens. Read the 4-star review of the new doc-film Studio One Forever.
• Washington Blade: Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a law banning all gender-affirming care for transgender citizens.
• Instagram: Out actor Cheyenne Jackson recently met up with his high school bully at his 30th reunion where the bully apologized. Cheyenne also reminded Instagram he’s pretty buff.
• The Advocate: House Republicans have scheduled a ‘mean-spirited’ hearing this week to discuss gender-affirming care. #RuhRoh
• Twitter: Today in ‘Christian love’ – meet deranged preacher Aaron Thompson of the Verity Baptist Church in Vancouver, Washington, who preaches that LGBTQ people are all — 100% — pedophiles, in this unhinged sermon featuring the word faggot over and over.
1/3. Preacher tells congregants to cut ties with LGBTQ+ children while shouting slurs – “I would cut ties with any kid that was a f*g. My own kid, any kid. I don't want to have anything to do with them." pic.twitter.com/E49zo9Nl6v
— ᒪᗩᑎᑕᗴ 🏳️🌈 (@LanceUSA70) July 25, 2023