Some news items you might have missed:
• MSN: Serial liar Rep. George Santos (R-Nassau) initially denied that he performed as a drag queen. He later seemed to admit that he had fun at a festival dressing in drag – once. But newly-surfaced videos seem to suggest that Santos dressed as his drag persona over a period of at least three years.
• New York Post: A new Siena College poll shows NY voters overwhelmingly view Santos unfavorably, including 55% of Democrats, 56% of Republicans and 59% of independents. A whopping 71% say he should resign.
— New York Post (@nypost) January 23, 2023
• Gallup: A slight majority of Americans (57%) support universal healthcare. But 53% of Americans say healthcare should be based on private insurance, not the government.
• NBC News: Richard Barnett, who was photographed during the Jan. 6 riot with his feet on a desk in then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, was found guilty on 8 charges stemming from the insurrection, including theft of government property. #F*ckedAroundFoundOut
An Arkansas man who was photographed during the Jan. 6 riot with his feet on a desk in then-House Speaker Pelosi’s office, has been found guilty on all counts. https://t.co/Ywg8sC3Vif
— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 23, 2023
• NPR: The Food and Drug Administration is expected to adopt an approach for COVID vaccinations similar to what is used for the flu vaccines. Most folks would be advised to get whatever the latest version of COVID vaccine is available each fall.
• Daily Dance: Funkanometry and Taylor Hatala team up for this oh-so-tight take on Missy Elliot’s “Work It.”