Chris Wallace Left Fox News Because Questioning The Truth Became ‘Unsustainable’

Chris Wallace will debut his new show on CNN+ on March 29, 2022
Chris Wallace (screen capture via CNN+)
In an interview with the New York Times, former Fox News anchor Chris Wallace says he left the conservative news outlet after 18 years because he found the ongoing rewriting of the truth “unsustainable.”

“I’m fine with opinion: conservative opinion, liberal opinion,” Mr. Wallace said in his first extensive interview about his decision to leave. “But when people start to question the truth — Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? — I found that unsustainable.”

He confirmed reports that he was so alarmed by Mr. Carlson’s documentary “Patriot Purge” — which falsely suggested the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a “false flag” operation intended to demonize conservatives — that he complained directly to Fox News management.

“Some people might have drawn the line earlier, or at a different point,” he said, adding: “I think Fox has changed over the course of the last year and a half. But I can certainly understand where somebody would say, ‘Gee, you were a slow learner, Chris.’”

Read the full report by the New York Times here. The veteran news man’s new show – “Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace?” – will debut Tuesday upon the launch of new streaming paid service, CNN+. Related: Chris Wallace On Fox News – ‘The Best Inaugural Address I Ever Heard’


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link