Some news stories you might have missed:
• Politico: Californians may see a ballot initiative on the November 2024 ballot asking voters to undo Prop 8 and remove language from the California Constitution that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
• New York Times: The identities of the three people who guaranteed truth-challenged Rep. George Santos’ $500,000 bond in his criminal fraud case must be revealed, a federal magistrate judge ordered today.
Rep. George Santos’s request to keep private the identities of people who guaranteed his $500,000 bail bond last month was denied by a Long Island judge, but the release was delayed to allow the New York congressman time to appeal. https://t.co/1YcjRK6OQs
— The New York Times (@nytimes) June 6, 2023
• Huffington Post: 9/11 Families United, a coalition of families and survivors of the 2001 terrorist attacks, said they are “shocked and deeply offended” by PGA Tour’s merger with Saudi-backed LIV Golf.
• The Advocate: Louisiana is on the verge of enacting 3 anti-LGBTQ laws: one banning gender-affirming care for trans minors, a “Don’t Say Gay” law restricting classroom instruction on sexual orientation & gender identity, and one that would let teachers ignore students’ chosen pronouns and out those students to their parents.
Louisiana is on the verge of enacting three anti-LGBTQ+ laws. https://t.co/kqWGkd2FJA
— The Advocate (@TheAdvocateMag) June 6, 2023
• AP News: French Open organizers will celebrate a “Pride Day” on Wednesday to mark the 10th anniversary of the first same-sex marriage in France.
• JoeMyGod: Auditioning to be the next Tucker Carlson, Harris Faulkner claimed she was booted from an unspecified restaurant for bowing her head to quietly pray. I have no doubt that this NEVER happened.
Faulkner: I've been asked to leave a restaurant for openly bowing my head in prayer hands.. in America pic.twitter.com/oRi9lP0MN6
— Acyn (@Acyn) June 6, 2023
Oh yeah, well as long as we’re all making up stuff that totally happened, I was once shot out of a cannon for not wearing a Trump hat at a performance by the London Philharmonic!
— Jay Black (@jayblackisfunny) June 6, 2023
Apparently, it’s difficult to market a Christian Persecution Complex without bearing false witness–a lot.
— Mrs. Betty Bowers (@BettyBowers) June 6, 2023
— Yasmine Mary, ARNP-FNP-C (@yazzy1967) June 6, 2023