ABC News Fires Terry Moran For Criticizing Trump On Social Media

After suspending veteran correspondent Terry Moran on Sunday after he tweeted criticism of Donald Trump and deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller – calling them “world-class haters” – ABC News has now officially parted ways with Moran.

From CNN:

The network said Tuesday afternoon that Moran’s contract was about to expire, and “based on his recent post — which was a clear violation of ABC News policies — we have made the decision to not renew.”

“At ABC News, we hold all of our reporters to the highest standards of objectivity, fairness and professionalism, and we remain committed to delivering straightforward, trusted journalism,” an ABC News spokesperson said.

The fact that Moran was at the end of a contract cycle — his deal was set to expire on Friday, according to a person briefed on the matter — made it easier for ABC to take swift action.

You may recall Moran had a heated interview with Trump six weeks ago where Trump bristled at the idea an image of Kilmar Abrego Garcia’s knuckles had been photoshopped with the letters “MS13.”

Here’s Moran’s since-deleted tweet. Where’s the lie…?


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link