WaPo: Trump Confronted Hegseth Over Munitions Shortages

Donald Trump reportedly confronted Defense Sec. Pete Hegseth at Camp David over the weekend expressing frustration over munitions shortages affecting military options with Iran.

Via the Washington Post:

The encounter took place on the sidelines of his Cabinet meeting at Camp David on Friday where Trump vented at Hegseth that he thought the munitions issue “had been fixed,” according to both people familiar with the conversation, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity due to fear of retaliation.

The shortages, particularly in long-range guided missiles and air-defense interceptors, have been part of the reason Trump has pulled back from launching additional massive strikes against Iran in recent days, one of the sources said.

Trump said Monday that he had ordered and subsequently called off “the biggest attack since World War II,” pending claims of new negotiations over the Strait of Hormuz.

Hegseth defended himself and blamed his deputy, Stephen Feinberg, for the shortages and for not ensuring Trump was fully apprised of the issue, both people familiar said.

More from The Atlantic:

Trump has grown frustrated at his inability to escape the stalemate of the war; he’s seething at its toll on the economy and is desperate to move on.

White House aides are concerned that Trump is losing his leverage in the conflict. He has threatened Iran many times but has rarely followed through; Tehran knows that.

Tehran also knows that the U.S. is running low on munitions despite what Hegseth and the president say in public.

Trump took to his failing Truth Social platform to deny any of this happened and called the reporting “treasonous.”

Trump says he's totally happy in his love affair with Pete Hegseth and esp likes to cuddle with him


Discover more from The Randy Report

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Share via
Copy link