Terrorists Sentenced After Attempting To Blow Up Gay Brother On Plane

L-R Khaled and Mahmoud Khayat (images via Twitter)

Brothers Khaled (52) and Mahmoud (34) Khayat were sentenced to lengthy prison sentences after planning to hide a bomb in their unsuspecting gay brother’s luggage on an international flight.

The brothers schemed to blow up an Etihad Airways flight from Sydney, Australia, to Abu Dhabi in July 2017.

According to the Newcastle Herald, they built a gas bomb in one of the men’s garage using plans transmitted with an encrypted app by their older brother, Tarek, who is a senior member of ISIS.

They then hid the bomb inside a meat grinder which was placed in the luggage of their brother Amer, pretending it was a gift for family members. The court was told during the trial the attack was intended to support groups fighting the Syrian regime.

“Neither offender was particularly close to Amer, although each said he loved him as a brother and spoke to him when he saw him,” said Justice Christine Adamson on Tuesday.

“They disapproved of him because he drank, went clubbing, gambled and was gay which they regarded as bringing shame on the family.”

The plan was foiled when a Sydney Airport attendant noticed Amer’s luggage was overweight. Khaled removed the bomb for fear of being discovered.

The two brothers were found guilty in the NSW Supreme Court earlier this year of conspiring to prepare or plan a terrorist act.

Adamson noted that, had the scheme gone as planned, “no one in the aircraft carrying the bomb and no one exposed to the poisonous gas would have survived.”

”The scale of the intended impact adds significantly to the gravity of the offence,” she added.

Adamson sentenced Khaled to 40 years in prison and Mahmoud to 36 years with non-parole periods of 30 and 27 years respectively. The two men maintain they are innocent and plan to appeal their cases.

Meanwhile, Amer spent two years in a Lebanese prison before being found not guilty of involvement in the plot by a military court in September.

Tarek was found guilty in a Lebanese court and sentenced to hard labor for life for his participation in the plot.

Last week, Amer said that despite his ordeal he still loves his brothers because they are his “blood.”

(source: Newcastle Herald)

Missouri Man Threatens To “Kill Every Gay Person I Can”

A St. Louis man has been charged with making a terrorist threat after allegedly telling PrideFest organizers he planned to show up at this year’s Pride parade with his guns and “kill every gay person I can before I kill myself.”
Edward Terry (image via Missouri Dept of Corrections)

A St. Louis man has been charged with making a terrorist threat after allegedly telling PrideFest organizers he planned to show up at this year’s Pride parade with his guns and “kill every gay person I can before I kill myself.”

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports 49-year-old Edward Terry created a fake email address using the name of a woman he used to live with in order to send his threat to a parade organizer for PrideSTL.

But, after being notified by the recipient, the FBI tracked the account to Terry’s cell phone.

Terry’s bail was set at $20,000.

St. Louis’ Pride Parade regularly attracts hundreds of thousands of participants and spectators.

Marty Zuniga, vice president of PrideFest, said in a statement to the press that the organization works “hard to produce an event that is safe for all participants.”

“PrideFest takes all threats seriously and works with local law enforcement,” added Zuniga.

The St. Louis Pride Parade was in the news earlier this week after organizers reversed themselves on whether to allow police officers to march in uniform in the June 30 event.

The Post-Dispatch reports that Pride St. Louis requested officers not take part in the parade “citing sensitivities surrounding the 50-year anniversary of the New York police raid on the Stonewall Inn bar that helped spur the gay-rights movement.”

But after meetings and discussions with police and LGBTQ community leaders, the decision was made to allow LGBTQ police officers to march in uniform.

Mayor Lyda Krewson told the Post-Dispatch, “Exclusion of our police or, frankly, anyone is not in the spirit of our city.”

Trump Admits “No Proof” Any ‘Middle Eastern Terrorists’ Amid The Migrant Caravan In Mexico

After stoking fears about "middle Eastern terrorists" being hidden in the midst of the caravan of migrants moving north through Mexico to the United States' border, Donald Trump admitted today he has "no proof" that there actually ARE any terrorists traveling amid the caravan.
Donald Trump

After stoking fears about “middle Eastern terrorists” being hidden in the midst of the caravan of migrants moving north through Mexico to the United States’ border, Donald Trump admitted today he has “no proof” that there actually ARE any terrorists traveling amid the caravan.

Via Mediaite:

CNN’s Jim Acosta asked if he’s saying that there are terrorists in the caravan. Trump said “there could very well be,” adding, “I have very good information.”

He tagged in Vice President Mike Pence to talk about his call with the president of Honduras, and he said at one point it’s “inconceivable there would not be individuals from the Middle East as part of this growing caravan.” Acosta asked him directly if he has evidence of terrorists in the caravan, as opposed to just citing statistics.

Trump jumped in to say he’s spoken with the border patrol and they’ve intercepted “many people from the Middle East” and even ISIS at the border. Acosta again asked, “Are they in the caravan?” “They could very well be,” the President responded. “But there’s no proof,” Acosta noted.

“There’s no proof of anything. There’s no proof of anything. But they very well could be.”

Well, that settles that, huh?

Watch below.

NYC: 8 Dead, 11 Injured In Lower Manhattan Terrorist Attack

A new terrorist attack today – this time in Lower Manhattan as a 29-year-old drove a rented truck down a bicycle path killing 8 and injuring at least 11 others.

From The New York Times:

Eight people were killed when a man drove 20 blocks down a bike path beside the Hudson River in Lower Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon before he crashed his pickup truck, jumped out with fake guns and was shot by a police officer, the authorities said.

Federal authorities were treating the incident as a terrorist attack and were taking the lead in the investigation, a senior law enforcement official said. Two law enforcement officials said that after the attacker got out of the truck, he was heard yelling, “Allahu Akbar,” Arabic for “God is great.”

Mayor Bill de Blasio said at a news conference, “Based on information we have at this moment, this was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror aimed at innocent civilians.”

Two law enforcement officials said the driver of the truck, a 29-year-old man who came to the United States in 2010, was in grave condition. One official said he had rented the truck in New Jersey.

The motorist, driving south down the path in a Home Depot rental truck, hit numerous people as nearby Stuyvesant High School was letting out for the day, officials said. At least 11 people were injured, but officials were still working to assess the extent of the casualties.

Trump Releases List Of Terrorist Attacks He Says Media Didn’t Cover (Including Attacks The Media Covered)

Above is the list the White House released of terrorist attacks they feel “did not receive adequate attention from Western media sources.”

The White House list includes attacks covered extensively by CNN and others: Paris, Nice, San Bernardino, Brussels, Istanbul.

May I point out they include “Orlando June 2016.” I’m guessing that’s referencing the Pulse Nightclub shooting that killed 49 people. And was covered extensively for days and days and days.

And then there’s the “Paris, France November 2015” – no one ever heard about that one, amiright?

I’m wondering why the Dylan Roof shooting in South Carolina wasn’t listed. Nine people dead in a church wasn’t “terrorist” enough for this White House?

They assembled this list from news sources. The same news sources they claim didn’t cover these events.

#Irony

p.s. This was sent out by the White House. The White House. With typos and formatting errors. Denmark is not spelled “Denmakr,” and after listing city followed by country, the staffer who typed this list wrote “Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.”

Trump: “Dishonest Press” Isn’t Reporting Terrorist Attacks

President Trump, speaking to the U.S. Central Command today, attacked the media yet again. This time, he made the extraordinary claim that the media is intentionally covering up terrorist attacks around the world.

“You’ve seen what happened in Paris, and Nice. All over Europe, it’s happening,” he said to the military leaders. “It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.”

I’m not sure what the goal would be for the media to NOT cover a terrorist attack…?

This would seem to underline a new narrative coming out of the White House. Last week, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway told MSNBC host Chris Matthews, “I bet it’s brand-new information to people that President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre,” she said. “Most people don’t know that because it didn’t get covered.”

Of course, it is true the media didn’t cover the “Bowling Green Massacre.” Since it never happened…

Watch Trump’s comments below:

Brussels Targeted By Terrorist Attacks Killing At Least 34, Injuring More Than 170

UPDATE: ISIS is now claiming responsibility for the attacks in Brussels, saying the bombings were in retaliation for Belgium’s support in the war against the Islamic State.

From CNN:

Three explosions that ripped through the Belgian capital of Brussels on Tuesday killed at least 34 people and wounded about 170 more, according to Belgian media, and raised the reality of terror once again in the heart of Europe.

Just a few days ago, authorities there captured Europe’s most wanted man, Salah Abdeslam — the latest of many suspected terrorists caught in the small European country. And a U.S. counterterrorism official said, “The Belgians have been sitting on a ticking time bomb,” given all those who have gone to Syria and Iraq to join ISIS, then possibly come back home.

There’s no claim of responsibility, but prominent ISIS supporters celebrate the Brussels attacks online.

Speaking in Cuba today, President Obama expressed solidarity with the people of Belgium and vowed to work with their government to bring today’s attackers to justice.

“We will do whatever is necessary to support our friend and ally Belgium in bringing to justice those who are responsible.

“This is yet another reminder that the world must unite. We must be together regardless of nationality, or race, or faith, in fighting against the scourge of terrorism. We can and we will defeat those who threaten the safety and security of people all around the world.”

Donald Trump Flip-Flops On Torture/Killing Terrorists’ Families

At last night’s Republican debate Donald Trump was asked about his recent statements regarding torture, specifically saying he would do “worse” than torture and would want soldiers to kill terrorists’ families.

When Trump was informed by the moderator that that was straight up illegal according to international law and soldiers wouldn’t be able to follow such orders, Trump replied, “They won’t refuse. They’re not gonna refuse me. Believe me. I’m a leader, I’ve always been a leader. I’ve never had any problem leading people. If I say do it, they’re going to do it.”

Apparently that did not sit well at the Pentagon this morning. Military leaders get nervous about being ordered to break international laws.

So, this afternoon The Donald flip-flopped issued a statement clarifying that he would not order the U.S. military to violate international laws to fight terrorism.

From CNN:

Trump said in a statement that he understands “that the United States is bound by laws and treaties” and said he would “not order our military or other officials to violate those laws and will seek their advice on such matters.”

He added, “I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities.”